Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴅʏ Kɪʟʟᴇʀ

MY head hurt

MY head hurt. After receiving the video from A last night I didn't sleep for a second, the sound of the smack echoing in my ears.

To make matters worse, Emily basically hated all of us for good now, Spencer and Hanna had tried to dig up some form of evidence that could link Paige to being A by going through her bag when her and Emily weren't around; Which backfired immediately. So now Emily has taken somewhat of a 'spontaneous' trip to a cabin just outside of town with Nate.

I made my way over to where Aria and Spencer were sitting in the courtyard, perching myself sideways on the bench and tucking my bag between my legs on the floor. "Have you heard anything from Em?" I asked.

"Nothing, we tried speaking to her again before school but she wasn't having it one bit." Aria huffed, picking up her phone and glancing at it before dropping it back down on the table.

"God it feels awful but in reality we're doing the only thing possible! Em would do the same if the roles were reversed." I shrugged, turning my head to the side as Hanna came rushing over to us with a distressed look on her face.

"So things just went from worse to worser." Hanna sat down beside me and placed her bag on her lap. "That's not a word but...continue." Spencer mumbled, a faint smile painted itself on my lips at her remark.

"Paige wasn't in Spanish today, yo hablo sicko." Hanna told us, I had to shut my eyes briefly to stifle the giggle threatening to spill. "What?" Aria asked, "she went home sick." Hanna retorted quickly.

"Or is she at Emily's?" Spencer suggested sternly, "Okay I don't know about you guys but I'm really willing to take this to the cops." Aria shuffled in her seat anxiously.

"We need to think about this, Hanna's already on their radar!" I chipped in, "But we don't know what Paige is capable of!" Aria sighed.

"We should call her parents, tell them everything together." Spencer suggested. "Spencer's right, there's strength in numbers." Aria looked toward me and I nodded once.

We all glanced towards Hanna who looked unsure on the idea, "Alright." She finally agreed quietly, before pulling out her phone. Then suddenly one by one our text tones rang out.

"Oh for fucks sake." I mumbled under my breath.

"Stand down bitches, play it my way and Emily stays safe. -A"

I shared a quizzical look with Hanna whilst Spencer gritted her teeth together as if this was the final piece to loop all the holes in the plot together.

My appetite felt non-existent as I attempted to eat the bowl of noodles Hanna had cooked for us all. I couldn't stop thinking about Emily, she's in so much danger but she doesn't know it. We all thought Paige was good for her especially after she lost Maya, but Paige is only going to destroy her completely and there's nothing we can do or say that will make Em believe us.