Tʜᴇ ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇs

BEING back in the high school corridors flooded me with nostalgia

I noticed a few of the younger siblings from people whom were in my year, pointing and whispering as I wandered through the halls with my way-too-fucking-thick-folder and bag plastered at my side.

"Quinn!" Spencer's voice chirped up beside me, too caught up in my own thoughts I didn't notice the girl by her locker. I quickly moved over to her and embraced her tightly.

"How have you been?" I asked, admiring the sharp features of Spencer Hastings. She could be a model I am convinced. "It's been tough...strange as well but," She sighed deeply, "We all sort of lost touch."

I turned to follow her gaze, watching Hanna and Mona strut down the corridor blatantly ignoring everyone around them. "Those two had the glow-up of the century." I hummed.

"Not just us two not speaking," Spencer craned her head over her shoulder, I leant forward and followed her eyeline, Emily stood down the hall, her face inches apart from her boyfriend. Both utterly in their own little world.

"We all did." Spencer mumbled, pulling the last book out of her locker and slamming it shut. I frowned slightly but immediately wiped off the expression and looped my free arm through hers.

"Come on, new year, new start, it'll be a breeze." I smiled softly over at her as we strolled down the corridor toward her classroom. I felt like a Mother dropping her child off, I loved it.

"You sound like Ali." Spencer raised her brows slightly, "Guess her little sayings rubbed off on me." I shrugged.

Saying my byes to Spencer I headed toward the office to speak with the headmaster. Just to talk about my Rota and the times my lessons would be.

I'd tutored about twelve students throughout the day, two groups of three at different times and six individuals, they were all lovely, I really enjoyed it.

It wasn't until I was packing up my bag and the classroom door opened that my mood plummeted; in strolled Jason, looking smug as ever and a smirk on his lips that I so desperately wanted to punch. His hair soft, waving over his ears are the sides, so he was attractive, yes. That pissed me the hell off.

"Are you following me?" I scoffed lightly, placing my binder filled with notes into my bag, keeping my back to Jason as he entered further into the room. his slow shuffled footsteps causing the thin hairs on the back of my neck to rise, as if the power he held over me had me walking on egg-shells constantly. Anticipating the bad to exit his mouth and potentially ruin my life.