Cʀᴀᴢʏ

IT wouldn't hide

IT wouldn't hide. The bruise, the gash on my cheekbone. I must've blended at least four different concealers over it and nothing worked. I wiped the makeup off of my face and just decided I'd go with eye makeup today instead. It still hurt like a bitch, so I figured blotting loads of makeup on it wouldn't do it any good.

"Oh, my head." Ledger grumbled from behind me, I sucked in my bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. Before releasing the breath I was holding and pulling my shoulders back, lifting my head up high.

"Morning." I chirped, keeping my gaze fixated on myself in my dressing table mirror as I dabbed eyeliner under my eyes and smudged it slightly, creating a Smokey-eye affect. Ledger slivered out of the covers of my bed and stumbled slightly, bringing his hands up to his temples to rub them.

"Have you got work?" He asked tiredly, "Mhm, I've got like an hour or so until I have to leave." I glanced down at my makeup scattered over the dresser, choosing a pink gloss to pat on my lips.

After last night, I came straight upstairs, aided myself and then got into bed; leaving Ledger alone to clear up his mess and join me when he was ready. He hasn't said anything, so I gathered that he doesn't recall a single thing.

"Okay, I'm gonna shower." He mumbled, moving over to me and leaning down to peck my (okay) cheek, I turned my head away slightly so he didn't see me, hoping I could play this off and he wouldn't know.

"Hey.." he whispered, catching my chin lightly in his fingers and slowly drawing my head to face him. I held my breath.

The look on Ledger's face when he saw me is tainted in my mind, his eyes widened and face went completely slack.

"Wh-what happened!" He gasped, lifting his fingers to the damage on the left side of my face as if I were made of glass, I flinched and shied away from his touch.

"Quinn...what.." Ledger whispered breathlessly, my eyes pooled with tears. You just did your makeup, stop. I internally scolded myself, sucking it up and blinking the tears back profusely.

"I'm okay! It's okay." I forced a smile but Ledger wasn't having it.

"How? How did that happen?" He asked quickly, I dropped my head out of his grasp and pushed my chair back to stand up, Ledger watched my every move intently.

"It was...y-you." I mumbled, glancing at the floor before dragging my eyes back up to meet him. His face scrunched in confusion.

"Me?" Ledger asked, irritated clearly, being accused of something like that would have anyone in shock. But unfortunately for him, it was the truth.

"You were so drunk, and you burnt your hand, and I laughed but...but you thought I'd laughed because you hurt yourself, but I didn't!" I retorted, he started to shake his head slowly. "And then, next thing I know...you lifted your arm up and then I feel blood dripping from my cheek."