ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

♡︎ Annaleah ♡︎
10 years ago

"Mom.. Is it possible for me to go to Haley's house once we get home? I've been dying to talk to her all summer." I ask excitedly from the backseat, praying for my mom to say yes.

"No."

Dang it, good to know praying doesn't get me anywhere.

"But mom, i've been gone all summer and I haven't been able to talk to her much. The only few times I was able to talk with her was whenever you were on the phone with her mom. Mom pleaseee." I whine pleadingly.

"Whinnying won't get you anywhere Annaleah, and the answer is still no." She turns around to face me and gives me the 'drop it' stare, in which I nod and slump into my seat as we pull up to our house.

Truthfully, the only reason i'm dying to go to Haley's is because the one time we were allowed to talk she told about this new boy that just moved in into our neighborhood.

She told me she didn't want to give me all the details until I was back home from Washington. But all I know for now— from what Haley has told me of course— is that he moved into the neighborhood a month ago with his mother and father, that apparently he's cute, and that his name is Blake.

That's all the information Hayley told me, and ever since I heard the words "new boy in our neighborhood" come out of her mouth, i've been hooked.

Having new people move into our side of the neighborhood is extremely rare, especially kids our age, so it's no surprise that Haley and I are hooked up on this kid.

Once we arrive to our humble home, my dad settles all our bag's into the house, giving me a perfect opportunity to escape over to Haley's house.

"Hey kiddo, can you take your bags upstairs please?" My dad asks sweetly making me groan internally.

Of course my dad ask's now, of all times, for me to take my bag's upstairs.

It's like the universe is against me going over to Haley's house.

Haley's lucky. She's had a whole month to talk to him and become friends with him while I was away in Washington running away from my grandmas pinching fingers.

I enter my room with my two backpacks and suitcases, drop them as fast as I can into my room and run towards the front door, praying for my mother not to catch me.

"Excuse me young lady, where do you think you're going?" My mom asks with her hands on her hips.

Dang it. I really need to learn my lesson and stop praying for stuff.

"I was going over to Haley's house?" I say in a low and shy voice hoping she didn't hear me so I can run to Haley's.

"What did I tell you about going to Haley's?" She asks putting her purse in the kitchen counter and brushing her hair out of her face.

"But momm-" I answer and walk slowly towards the door handle.

"No but's Anna. I already told you twice in the car that you're not going to Haley's." She says with a serious tone and stares at me.