ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴋɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ʟɪʙᴇʀᴛʏ ᴀꜱꜱ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"Anna, i've been sneaking through your stuff since I arrived here and there's no sign of a costume anywhere!" Nalani plops down on my bed with a disappointed frown. "You really need to stop snooping through my stuff Lani. It's weird." I joke, searing through my closet for my volleyball jersey.

It's finally here. Friday. The game my team has been preparing for for over several weeks now— game day against Hollard Liberty High... Tonight also happens to be the halloween party Cole is hosting at his house. This party has been the talk of the school since Cole first sent out the invitations. Every day's topic at school for the past week has been "what's your costume going to be? "who are you bringing to the party?" "are you going to friday's party?"

It's been an incredibly long week. But it's finally here. Friday! Game day! Tonight's game determines whether Point Peek High makes it to regionals. Point Peek hasn't participated in a regionals competition for over nineteen years now. But coach Turner thinks that this year is definitely our year and that not only we'll make it to regionals but we'll also make it to sectionals.

"And not to mention it's a total invasion of privacy." Saoirse adds getting a nasty death glare from Nalani. Saoirse throws her hands up in surrender and walks away from Nalani, "Hey i'm just saying." Saoirse adds and takes a seat on my rolling chair.

"As I was saying.. Where is your halloween costume Anna?" Nalani asks in a more serious tone and I laugh victoriously when I finally find my volleyball jersey. I wave it up in the air for the girls to see, Saoirse claps excitedly while Nalani groans. "Please tell me that isn't your halloween costume." She whines and I shrug. "Who knows, maybe it is," I joke and earn a pillow to the face.

"Dude!" I laugh at Nalani who's staring at me with flames in her eyes. "No this isn't my halloween costume! It's my jersey for tonight's game. Cole has my halloween costume, he's supposed to give it to me at tonight before the game." I throw my pillow back at a smiling Nalani who squeals in happiness.

"So that means you're going right?!" Nalani clasps her hands together in a pleading matter and I laugh noddingly. "Yes, i'm going to tonight's party," I say and Nalani squeals jumping up and down on my floor. "But don't get too excited, I said i'm going but I didn't say I would arrive there early." I tell her and lock myself in my bathroom changing into my long sleeved volleyball jersey and shorts.

"I don't care at what time you get there, I just really want you to be there, right Saoirse?" Nalani claps as Saoirse nods.

"Yeah well, it will all depend on tonight's game." I say as I come out of the bathroom wearing the volleyball jersey.

The girls and I laugh and talk for a few more minutes before it's time to leave for the game. I grab my volleyball bag in one hand while I dial my dad's phone number with the other.

"Hey dad." I chirp as I reach the kitchen with Saoirse and Nalani.

"Hey kiddo, you ready for tonight?" He ask's enthusiastically and I nod. "Yep, i'm ready. I have a good feeling about tonight. We're so taking this win." I admit confidently and fill up my water bottle with some water and ice.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you and the other girls will do great tonight!" My dad admits earning a smile from me. "Thanks dad."

"Oh Annaleah, before I forget, your mother wants to send you good luck. Could you please call her?" He asks pleadingly and my body begins to stiffen. I don't even remember the last time mom wished me good luck over something. She never even called last year to wish me a good luck when I tried out for the team, she also didn't call to say her sorry's when I didn't make the team. She's never been interested in my life, so why would she start now.