ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ: sᴀɴ ꜰʀᴀɴᴄɪsᴄᴏ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

The drive to the airport is long, boring and quiet.

Not that I mind the quietness, I actually quite enjoy it and i'n thankful that Blake hasn't asked any types of questions so far. The quiet helps me think of the important things I have to look forward too when I land in San Francisco, for example: what the hell an I going to say to my mother.

How do I even start a conversation with her? I can't really see myself speaking normally to my mother after everything she's put dad and I through. I truly resent her for what she did, but I have to face this sooner or later. I have to face the fact that my mother and uncle will get married, I have to accept the fact that my mother chose another family over the first one she started. The sooner I accept this, the sooner I can move on and face other problems in my life..

"I'm curious," Blake break's the silence, making me furrow my eyebrows at him. I hum shyly, "Curious of..?" I ask.

"I'm curious as to why you asked me to come with you on this self-soul-searching trip?" He air quotes with his finger's. "Don't you have a boyfriend who's available to accompany you on such trip?" He ask's and my stomach immediately begins to disgusted by the mention of him.

Whenever I hear or think the name Cole, my mind goes immediately to the pictures and video's that are on his phone.

I silently gag at the thought of the pictures and compose myself. "I invited you because I knew you wouldn't ask questions. So don't make me regret inviting you by asking questions.. Besides," I switch up the main conversation. "Does Haley know where you are and where you're going? Does your father know?" I ask and I feel him tense up from besides me.

"Grab my phone and dial my dad's phone number." He instructs me and I quickly do as i'm told. After three ring's his father answers, "Blake? Blake you alright?" His father asks with immediate concern.

"Yeah i'm fine. I'm just calling to let you know i'm going to you know where." He say's with a hinting tone and I furrow my eyebrows.

You know where? Is that some secret code for something??

His father hum's in understanding, "Didn't you go to.. you know where, a month ago to see.. you know who??" His father responds back and I stare weirdly at Blake.

Who the hell are they talking about?? This feels like a conversation I shouldn't be hearing nor witnessing.

"And if I want to go to you know where and see you know who, then I have every right too dad so don't even try to lecture me on this." Blake hisses back angrily making my jaw fall open. Why would he speak to his father that way? All he's trying to do is look out for him..

His father sighs sadly before speaking."Alright Blake. You do whatever it is you have to do." He says and Blake nods saying a dry thank you and hanging up.

"There. I told my father. Happy?" He deadpans dryly and I swallow the awkward lump in my throat.

After a few more minutes we reach the airport and load all our stuff out of the car and search for our boarding gate, after a long twenty minutes of searching we finally find our boarding gate already being boarded with people.

I point towards our gate and say let's go and walk quickly towards it when I notice Blake not moving from his spot. I turn my neck and watch as people continue to board while Blake stands there unresponsive. "Blake we really should get going." I say and notice his knuckles turning white as he clenches his fist.