ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏɪɴɢ ᴀɴɴᴀʟᴇᴀʜ

Blake

"You're just jealous that Blake's my boyfriend and not yours!" Haley yells from under Annaleah's tight straddle.

Annaleah turns her gaze over to me and her expression falls. She stares at me with her glistening eyes and my heart begins to break but my face expression doesn't show it. I stare back at her unamused by this whole fight. When in reality all I want to do is reach for her and get her the hell out of here.

Out of nowhere, Haley's forehead comes in contact with Annaleah's nose making her fumble backwards. I wince at the sight of blood pooling down her nose but she doesn't seem to care. In fact, not even a second later, she wipes her nose and lunges towards Haley, making them both fall to the ground.

I roll my eyes at the stupidity of this fight. I look around for Noen or Will to help me separate them but Will is holding back a worried Saoirse while Noen is placing bets on Annaleah with a few other student's.

"EVERYONE OUT THE PRINCIPAL IS COMING!" A random student yells and everyone begins to make their way out the cafeteria to their classroom's.

I look around to see where Annaleah is but there's no sign of her.

Fucking hell, why is it always Annaleah that gets into these types of situations!?

After a few more seconds of searching I find her standing still looking around the cafeteria. I curse at myself and grab ahold of her wrist dragging her away from the running crowd. We leave through the exit door and end up at the back of the school where the parking lot for the teachers is located.

I push her out the exit door angrily, making her fumble a bit.

"What the hell were you thinking Annaleah?!" I ask and she shrugs.

She shrugs?

She fucking shrugs?!

"You had no reasons to initiate that fight!" I yell at her with a serious tone trying my best not to sound worried for her.

Of course I was fucking worried for her. I can't stand watching her get hurt. But I can't show those emotions to her. I can't let her know I care.

I already made the mistake of telling her how I felt towards her back in San Francisco, and i'm trying so hard to push those feelings back inside.

I can't risk falling in love with her. Not now. Not when I have someone else to think off.

Annaleah shrugs to my yelling and I nod, giving of, "okay fine, see if I care" ,vibes. I search my pocket for a cigarette and begin to walk away to light it.

"You said you don't date," Annaleah repeats my words from behind me.

I turn around to face her and notice her eyes are glued to the floor while she fidgets with her fingers. "Correct. Your point?" I respond dryly, lighting up my cigarette and inhaling it slowly.

"Yet.. you're dating her." She looks up at me with blood and tears dripping down her chin.

I am holding back every fucking urge to run up to her and wipe every tear I am causing right now.