ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴғɪʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"Hey you still going to the halloween party next friday?" Nalani asks from beside me as we make our way to the cafeteria.

After the grove incident, once we came back to school, Nalani came to find me one thursday night after a volleyball practice of mine to thank me once again. In which case I introduced her Saoirse and since then it's been the three of us against the world.

That's so cliché but I dig it.

And ever since Nalani has been part of our little friend group we have going on.

"I don't know, I have a game that friday and if we win that game we get to go up against Hollard Liberty High. Which— if I may add— is our second biggest rival school." I tell ger and grab a tray and fill it up with cafeteria food.

What even is this?? It looks like brown goo.

I think i'm going to gag.

"C'mon Anna! This is our first and last halloween party as seniors! We can't miss it!" Nalani argues and I shrug. "I don't know what to tell you Lani, if the game end's early then yeah i'll be able to make it but if not you and Sole can surely go without me."

Suddenly Saoirse pops out of nowhere and places her arm around me pulling me close to her making me flinch, "Dude! Don't sneak up on me!" I breathe out and she kisses me on the forehead pulling me to her, "Sorry babe. But where are we going without you?" She asks looking between me and Nalani.

Nalani grabs her tray filled with nasty cafeteria food and roll's her eyes at me. "Going to the halloween party without her because she has a volleyball game." She answers Saoirse's question in a annoyed tone.

"What?? Your not going to Cole's halloween party?? Haven't you been going out with Cole for like two months now?? You can't skip your potentially boyfriends halloween party!" Saoirse argues in a high pitched tone.

"That's what i'm saying!" Nalani agrees with Saoirse and places her tray on our usual table.

A few weeks after the grove incident, Cole followed me up on instagram and has been dm'ing me nonstop.

We've been out on a couple "dates", so I wouldn't say we're anything serious. But we have been talking for a couple a months now so who knows what could happen.

"Cole knows I have a game that friday, he even said he would stop by and cheer me on." I say happily and take a seat next to Nalani.

"You still have to go Anna. It would be rude not too." Saoirse sits across from me and hand's her food tray over to Nalani for her to eat as well.

Nalani is the only weirdo who actually likes to eat the cafeteria food.

Nasty.

I shake away the thoughts of the nasty cafeteria food and start to look for my phone through my bag. "It's not being rude if a sport prevents me from going." I tell them and dm Cole to find me at my usual table.

"Whatever dude, i'm just saying we're going and you are coming with. Whether you can or can't. If I have to drag you from the volleyball court myself I will!" Nalani protest and eats a spoonful of rice and what I assume are beans?