ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴘʀᴏᴍ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐
*A month before prom*

"Where is the rest of the dress?" Saoirse asks Nalani, when she walks out from the dressing room.

"This is the dress." Nalani points out and faces the mirror showing us the back of the dress.

"I don't mean to sound rude Nalani but,"

"You look like a skank." I cut Saoirse off and she gasps, hitting me on the shoulder.

"What? It's true." I say and shrug.

"Nalani, this is prom. This is our senior prom, our dates are the three hottest boy's in all Point Peek High. You can't show up there looking like a hooker!" Saoirse argues and Nalani turns around annoyed.

"I like this dress! It fits me perfectly!" Nalani whines and Saoirse hands her another dress. "Try that one." Saoirse orders and Nalani mouths "yes mother" before walking away.

Saoirse sits down next to me, letting out a tired sigh. "Do you have your dress already?" Saoirse asks and I shake my head.

"Do you want to look for one?" Saoirse asks again, but I shake my head.

"Anna,"

"I'm fine Saoirse. Don't worry." I cut her off and stand up, walking away towards some beautiful dresses.

It's been two month's since they arrested Cole for rape and underage pornography. It's been half a month since the case got closed and Cole was found guilty.

But it's been a week since we received word that he got beat up horribly in the joint and is apparently on life support.

I don't know why I feel bad. Why should I? He raped me. He tormented me for months. He kept video footage of it. He took pictures of me when I was vulnerable and unconscious on his bed.

If anything I should feel relieved that he got what he deserved.. But I don't.

I don't feel relieved, I don't feel satisfaction.

I only feel bad. I feel bad for sending him to jail. I feel bad that he probably won't survive the night. I feel bad that the last memories his parents and siblings will have of him is being found guilty over rape charges. I feel bad that his parents might have to bury their son in a couple of weeks.

I don't know why i'm sad, or why I feel bad. I just know that, Cole Cooper got what he deserved...

But does he deserve to die because of it?

"Anna, this isn't your fault." Saoirse reassures me but I shake it off.

"I'm going home, i'll see you guys tomorrow." I grab my bags and leave as fast as I can before Saoirse can stop me.

••••••••••

After I went home, I bathed, ate a little bit of cereal and changed. I reached Kathryn's house bringing along some mini donuts for the kid's.

Kathryn made this "thing" where the whole family has this little dinner party every friday and after dinner we play board games, watch a show together or sometimes we go on a little night road trip.