ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴠᴇ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"Be back by nine Annaleah, I don't trust these parties." My dad says as he leans against on my doorframe. I roll my eyes and peek through my bathroom door to where he's standing.

I love my dad, and I love following the house rules. But being home back by nine? It's for amateurs. And I am two years away from being an adult. The least he could do is to at least let me be back by eleven.

"Daaaad. I'm eighteen. No eighteen year old leaves a party to be at home by nine." I say and put on some mascara.

"First off, you are not eighteen. You are seventeen."

"Almost eighteen!" I say and raise my pointer finger.

"And second, I don't trust these parties Annaleah. There's definitely going to be underage drinking, smoking pot and... sex." He says in a sort of whisper and I laugh.

"Dad. I appreciate you looking out for me but there's nothing for you to worry about, because first I hate drinking; not that i've ever had a drink but I hate what drinking alcohol does to people. Second, smoking kills your lungs and I really like my lungs so smoking is a no no for me. And third, sex isn't something I want to experience or go through at the moment." I say and make some final touches to my makeup.

Yeaahhh dad doesn't need to know I lost my virginity two years ago when I was fifteen to Blake. And that fact will forever be kept hidden from him. For the greater good.

I finally finish the last touches to my makeup and stare at myself in the mirror. I spent almost three hours to put on some eyeshadow, blush, mascara, eyeliner and lipstick.

I really went out with the whole glow in the dark makeup. Maybe it's too much. Perhaps I should tone it down??

"Annaleah, stop overthinking your makeup. It looks great." My dad says, now standing in the doorframe of my bathroom door. I smile up at him and give him a little thanks.

*ding*

I squeal and stand up quickly from my seat. "Saoirse is here!" I say and run downstairs to open the front door.

I open the door with a wide smile and it quickly drops.

Blake?

What the hell is he doing here?

"Blake? What're you doing here?" I ask and take notice of my outfit.

My shirt is covered in dried up paint and my shorts are barely visible. I facepalm myself mentally. He probably thinks I have no clean shirts and don't know what a washer and drier is.

"Your friend told Will that we would meet up at your place?" He says in a questionable tone.

Remind me to kill Saoirse after the party.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Well I never got that memo but come on in I guess." I open the door wider and let him come in.

"Annaleah who's at the door?" My dad yells as he walks down the stairs.

Fuck. My dad.

I groan and Blake chuckles from behind me. "It's no one dad just a friend of Saoirse's." I say and Blake walks beside me. "I am not a friend of hers. I just happen to find her boyfriends presence tolerable." Blake says with a straight face as my dad reaches the both of us.