ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ʟᴜɴᴄʜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"I don't want to go." I state and cross my arms around my chest.

"C'monnnn pleaseeee? For me?" Saoirse pleades.

"No."

"But Anna-"

"No."

"He asked so nicely it would be rude not to-"

"I'm not going." I say and Saoirse scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Fine. Don't go then. Sit by yourself." Saoirse says and heads towards the cafeteria.

I roll my eyes and plop my head backwards. "Saoirse wait-" She stops in mid walk and I sigh. "I'll go, whatever." I say and she squeals hugging me tightly. "I knew you'd change your mind!" She says crushing my body. "Yes yes now let me go and let's get this over with." I say trying to push air into my lungs.

Saoirse let's go of me and grabs ahold of my arm and pulls me to the cafeteria.

"Can't believe we're going to have lunch with Bentley Knight." I say and grab a tray and pass it back to Saoirse.

"Wait you know him?" Saoirse asks quite shocked.

Being a backround character has it's benefits. No one knows you but you know everyone. It's the best.

"Yeah.. Well I mean, I learned a little bit about him in third period by overhearing a conversation or two. Apparently he moved here when we entered third grade or something. I was in a different private school at the time so I never got to meet him, my best friend Haley on the other hand did get to meet him and saw the whole chaos go down. It was a really scandalous year." I say and pick up a plate filled with I assume is Mac N Cheese.

Yuck.

"Scandalous? Why?"

"Isn't it obvious? A new boy who's blonde with blue eyes and has an accent? It drove girls crazzyyy back then. I mean it still drives girls crazy but back then it was really bad."

"Did it drive you crazy?" Saoirse asks concerningly as she grabs a bottle of water.

I laugh and wipe a tear from my eye. "The only guy I was crazy for in third grade was Zack Efron. And besides, I barely ever got to see him, and the time I did see him he never really sparked much of an interest in me." I answer and shrug trying to find where Will and his friends sit.

"Do you think it's bad that I kinda already like him?" Saoirse asks nervously from beside me and I look at her.

"It doesn't matter what I think. If you like him, then i'll be here to jump excitedly with you when he asks you out." I say wiggling my eyebrows at her and smile.

She blushes and turns her face away. "You really think he'll ask me out?" She asks and I shrug.

"I don't know, maybe-"

"Not even a whole day and you already want me to ask you out pumpkin?" Will asks from behind us and I jump in place gripping my tray strongly.

"Fucking hell Will, you scared the crap out of me." I say in between breaths.

"Sorry Anna." He replies to me and smiles.