ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴡᴏ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ sᴏᴜʟs ɪɴ ᴏɴᴇ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

The woods is more peaceful than I thought. There's so much quiet, you can hear a leaf fall to the ground, the breeze makes the lose strands of hair that fell out of my braid sway in the air, the crunch noise my converse make when they step on a branch, the slight sound of a water falling from the trees.

Everything is just so peaceful and perfect. My mind is so blown away by this gorgeous green scenery that I have completely forgotten about why i'm here to begin with. I quickly collect my thoughts and travel through the woods to find him.

"Blake? Blake? Where are you?" I raise my hands to my mouth and yell. "Blake please. Where are you?" I yell again and drop my arms and sigh.

He clearly knows these woods more than I do. I should probably head back before I get lost.

I turn around to head towards the house when I notice something moving in the distance.

Blake?

I squint my eyes and begin to wave at him. "Blake! I'm over here, wait up!" I yell happily and run towards him.

As soon as my eyes adjust clearly to the moving object my feet stop and begin to tremble.

No. Fucking. Way.

"Okay i'm just gonna close my eyes, count to five and this will all be a dream." I whisper to myself and I tiptoe backwards slowly.

1...2...3...4...5...

I count in my head and open my eyes with hope. The bear is very much real and not a dream. I continue to tiptoe backwards until I hear a crunch sound.

My eyes widen when the bear looks behind him. I curse at myself when the bear begins to growl and make it's way to me.

Oh shit-

I horrified scream escapes my lips as I watch the bear continue to get closer and closer to me. I squint my eyes shut and accept my fate when my wrist is suddenly yanked by a very strong force.

I open my eyes and notice that my wrist is being held extremely tight and that i'm running.

Running? When did I start running?

I look at the hand wrapped around my wrist and know exactly who this wrist belongs too. I look up from the wrist and look at the back of his head. Trying not to think much about the fact that a bear is literally chasing us right now.

We run for about three more minutes until we reach a little tree house. "Climb." Blake says out of breath. I sustain myself by putting my hands on my knees. "Can.. I take.. a little.. break?" I ask between pants and hear the bear growl louder than before.

"Sure you can. If you wanna become bear food now climb the damn tree Annaleah."
Blake yells and I nod. I climb up the tree and take in my surroundings as soon as my butt meets the little blue bean bag chair. I sink into it and let go of the breath I was holding.

A second later Blake joins me and sits across from me in a little green bean bag chair. He shuts the door with his foot and he looks at me irritated.