ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴜɴғᴏʀɢᴇᴛᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

I'm still locked in the bathroom stalls.

The bell rang two minutes ago, and i'm still locked in the bathroom hiding like a little girl.

I pace back and forth around the tiny stall and try to control my breath.

I can't breathe, I can't think, I can't- This is just-

"Hello? Anyone here?" A girl asks.

I stay silent.

Maybe if I don't talk, she won't know i'm here.

"I know someone's there. I can see your shoes." The girl says and adds a little laugh at the end.

I curse at myself and creek open the door just a little and smile at the girl.

"Yeah i'm here, i'm just... Having an outfit emergency. You know... Girl troubles." I lie to the poor girl.

She doesn't deserve to be lied to, she actually seems like a sweet girl. But, I don't know this girl. And i'm not about to start opening up to a random girl in a school's bathroom stall, about my past crush. That just seems to cliché.

Her eyes widen and she nods in understanding. "Oh yes. I understand. Would you like a wet paper towel? Perhaps a hoodie? I brought an extra just in case."

I smile and nod at her. "A wet paper towel sounds perfect. And if you don't mind i'll take you up on that hoodie offer." I muffle my sniffle.

Can't have her knowing i'm crying out of stress over a boy.

She gives me a bright smile and heads over to the paper towel compartment to grab some. "So what's your name? I'm Saoirse. But you can call me Soleil or Sole." She wets the paper towels and knocks on the stall door.

I open and take the paper towels and close the door. "Saoirse, that's an Irish name right?" I ask her as I scrub the nasty ass science liquid the nerd spilled all over my shirt.

"Yeah it is! You actually know how to pronounce my name quite well." Saoirse says excitedly.

I laugh and throw one paper towel away. "Yeah well, one of my favorite actresses is named Saoirse Ronan, so i've perfected how to pronounce her name by seeing a ton of her interviews."

"Oh my gosh! I love Saoirse Ronan too! One of my favorite movies of hers is definitely Little Woman!"

I open my stall door completely—finally being able to look at Saoirse— with my mouth open wide. "Little Woman is my favorite Saoirse Ronan movie too! I cry every time Laurie confesses his love towards Jo because—"

"She can't love him the same way he loves her." We both say at the same time hold onto our chest in pain.

We laugh and I throw the last remaining paper towel away and put on the hoodie Saoirse gives me. "Thanks for the hoodie. You are a life saver Sole." I thank her.

She nods and smiles. "No need to thank me."

We walk out the bathroom together and I notice i'm already fourteen minutes late to my first class. "Shit I need to go. I'm late for class." I tell Saoirse and look around for the pre calc classroom.