ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴘʀᴏsᴛɪᴛᴜᴛᴇ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐
[ Present ]

The first day of school used to be fun. Waking up early, choosing an outfit, being excited about meeting your friends at the bus stop, meeting the new teachers, seeing the new studenst ect.

I remember when my mom used to wake me up extremely early and made me my favorite 'back to school' breakfast— chocolate chip pancakes with blue berries and hot chocolate.

Like I said, it used to be fun.

Nowadays, the first day is usually torture, at least for me it is. No friends to wait for at the bus stop, no mom to wake you up in the mornings, and no chocolate chip pancakes with blue berries in the morning.

It's hard to grasp that the last good 'first day of school' I had was nearly four years ago.

Four years ago my life was completely perfect, I had the best family, amazing friends, the perfect grades, the perfect life.

But everything went to shit when my mother decided to cheat on my father with my fathers younger brother.

Yeah... Thanksgiving and Christmas family dinners at the Anderson's is pretty entertaining.

Oh and not only that, but in that exact same year, four months later to be exact, my best friend— who's now I guess my ex best friend— chose popularity over friendship.

Honestly I should've seen it coming sooner. Haley's the full embodiment of what a popular, teenage, high schooler look's like.

I know it's a bit cliché to assume since the beginning that Haley would've ended up choosing popularity over friendship based on her look's but c'mon..

She's rich, 5'6, skinny, long silky blonde haired, blue eyes and captain of the cheerleading team.

It was so obvious that popularity was the road Haley was going to choose once she entered high school, but me on the other hand.. I like being invisible, I like not being involved in any type of high school drama.

As for Haley, she wanted to be popular. She craved it. She thought that being a girl who still played with barbies and polly pockets wasn't doing her any good so she dropped me.

And good riddance, i'm better off without her fake ass anyways— at least that's what I tell myself from time to time.

Anyways, ignoring the fact that today's the first day of senior year, I have no friends, no mom and no chocolate chip pancakes, I feel like my life is actually pretty decent in comparison to other kids out there.

"Anna it's 6:53! Your going to miss the bus!" My dad yells from, what I believe, is the kitchen.

I turn over to my side, close my eyes and hide myself under my fluffy covers.

"Maybe if I close my eyes and open them up in five seconds, this will all be dream and i'm actually the princess of a kingdom near Scotland." I whisper to myself.

I was up all night watching the third season of Reign. Don't judge me.

"1...2...3...4..."