ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

After a long six hours of baking, talking, crying and laughing with Kathryn last night, I woke up this morning extremely calm and levantated. It's as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I finally can breathe again.

Talking to Kathryn about how I woke up that night at the party, how long it took for me to figure out what truly happened to me and what Cole did at the hallway at school was so refreshing and weightlifting.

Kathryn obviously advised me to speak to the police about this and I promised her I would consider it but the truth is, the reason why I haven't spoken up about this is because of this constant fear that no one will believe me.

No one's going to believe that a no one like me got sexually assaulted and raped by the most loved boy in the school, everyone will just call me an attention seeking whore who lies about getting sexually assaulted to ruin a guy's life.

I've seen this before, this happens quite more often than I would like for, but it happens. And what's to say that i'll be the difference, what's to say that if I come foward, the police and the public will believe me, what's to say that this will work on my behalf.

"I still can't believe your mom is pregnant! Like, what the fuck dude, how are you even walking right now??" Nalani exclaims as we walk down the hallway to Saoirse's locker breaking me from my stance.

"If my mom did that with my uncle you guys would not see me for the rest of the year." Saoirse shakes her head disapprovingly as we stop at her locker.

"Honestly, i'm not even mad at her anymore. I've accepted it and moved on. Like I said, she's not my mom anymore. She's now my aunt, who is currently carrying my cousin not my sister or brother." I shrug and Nalani scoffs.

"The fact that you accepted that and moved on pisses me off Annaleah. You let people off the hook so easily! Your mom, or should I say aunt, doesn't even deserve for you to call her aunt! She deserves to be forgotten from your memory, she should be absolutely nothing!" Nalani flairs her nostrils angrily as she leans back on the lockers and crosses her ankles.

"I don't like holding grudges, unless it's extremely necessary.."

Speaking of necessary grudges..

"Uhh let's forget about my mother slash aunt and talk about the basketball tournament this week." I smile brightly at Saoirse and Nalani trying my best to casually hide the fear coursing through my body.

"What about the game?" Nalani asks.

"I heard Cole is out for the week? Is that true?" I ask awkwardly as I look through my bag trying to act casual.

Nalani laughs and takes a few step further to me. "Shouldn't you know if Cole is gone for the week? Aren't you his girlfriend?" Nalani wiggles her eyebrows tauntingly and Saoirse shoves her with her elbow. "Ow! What?!" Nalani soothes her arm as Saoirse roll's her eyes. "We don't speak about Cole remember? They broke up, now shut up." Saoirse deadpans to Nalani, who nod's apologetically.

I chuckle and shake my head. "Don't worry about it guy's, it's totally fine. I'm just asking if it's true he's gone since, he's the team captain. Who will be replacing him?" I ask and Nalani stare's at Saoirse with a, "see? she's fine" , face.