ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: sᴛᴀʙʙᴇᴅ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

I stare at him with drooling yet angry eyes. Although he looks extremely hot doing the bare minimum, i'm not about to forget the stunt he pulled inside the diner with the whole Cole situation.

Who even is he to tell me who I can and cannot date? And why now— when I finally have something good going on for me— does he suddenly care about my life?

Fuck you Blake.

Fuck you and your confusing fucking actions.

"So.. You just gonna keep eye fucking me or are you gonna let me drive you home?" Blake asks smirkingly and I roll my eyes.

I walk towards him and elbow him playfully. "Don't flatter yourself Blake, I wasn't eye fucking you."

I'm actually quite pissed at you.

Blake nods and let's out a breath making smoke hit my face. "Sure you weren't." He says sarcastically and I grab ahold of his cigarette and throw it on the ground. "What the hell?" Blake asks stunned as I step on the cigarette and open the car door.

"Smoking is bad for you, you'll thank me when you reach your 60th birthday." I plaster on a fake smile and close the car door. He let's out a chuckle and takes another cigarette from his back pocket.

He wiggles it in my face tauntingly and lights it up earning and annoyed eye roll from me. As soon as he gets in the car he pulls down his window and turns on the ignition. "You really thought I wouldn't have a backup cigarette." He asks and drives away from the Poppy's Diner.

••••••••••

The car ride to my house isn't long, we mostly sat there and listened to Blake's playlist yet again. When we reach my driveway I thank Blake, get off his car and walk over to my front door. The second I open the front door, Loki runs eagerly towards me, wiggling his tail and barking ecstatically. I laugh at his excitement and set my bags on the floor and crouch down to his height to pet him for a few seconds.

I noticed when I got here that my dad's car isn't here, so my guess is he's still stuck at work. In which, I debate whether I should call Saoirse or Nalani but remember they're both attending a ballet recital. Running out of ideas on how to entertain myself I sigh and plop my tired body in the couch.

I stare at my phone— that's lying upside down on my couch— and hesitantly take the phone case off and reveal a crumbled paper with my mom's phone number.

After I threw the phone number away in the hospital my dad grabbed it and stuffed it behind my phone case without telling me, I only found out about it three weeks ago and I still haven't called nor have I told her i'll be attending her wedding.

I sigh and put the paper back in my phone case and dial my dad's number instead.

"Hey dad." I chirp and walk towards the kitchen to fetch myself some cereal.

"Hey sweetheart, do I need to pick you up?"

"No no, i'm already home. Blake just dropped me off a few minutes ago. Just calling to check up on you." I say while I
open the fridge and frown when I don't see any milk.