ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ: sᴛᴇᴘsɪsᴛᴇʀ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"Annaleah.."

"Annaleah.."

"Annaleah!" Blake shouts loudly enough to finally awake me from my nap. I rub my eyes with my fingers and hum at him. "We're here." He says and my eyes immediately open forgetting the tiredness I felt a second ago.

I look towards the big two story house and gulp nervously.

I shouldn't have come here.
This is a huge mistake.
Maybe we should go.

"Stop overthinking and get out the car, the guy is waiting." Blake points out and I apologize to the taxi driver, he nods at me and I get out the taxi hesitantly. Blake grabs our luggage as I walk up the stairs slowly.

Very slowly.

I reach one step. I take a moment to breathe in and out.

I reach the other step, repeat.

I take the other one, I don't get time to breathe when Blake hooks his arm under mine pulling me up the steps faster than I wanted too. "Blake stop! Let me take my time!" I yell at him silently, hitting his arm with my free one. "No. Now hurry up and compose yourself, i'm about to ring the doorbell." He lets go as we reach the front door, my legs begin to shake, my heart begins to pace and my palms begin
to sweat.

This was a bad idea.

"Annaleah!" My mom beams out and my eyes widen in nervousness. "What are you  doing here sweetheart? I didn't know you were coming!" She pulls me into a tight hug and I hug her back.

I'm not a complete monster.

Of course i'm going to hug her back, she's my mom.

"I wanted to surprise you?" I tell her against her neck as she tightens her grip around me more each second. She decides to pull me away and stroke the hair out of my face cupping my cheeks in both her palms. "Well consider me surprised." She responds and I nod and point to Blake who's standing awkwardly besides me.

"Mom this is uh- this is Blake. He tagged along with me so I wouldn't be alone, dad's orders." I tell her and she laughs extending her arm to Blake. "Of course your father made this poor boy come with you. I'm so sorry you had to come all this way." My mom apologizes to Blake as she shakes his hand, Blake stays completely silent making the atmosphere around us awkward.

I clear my throat and take my suitcase from Blake's hand. "So.. can we come in? We're starving." I tell my mom and she gasps opening the door wide open for us. "Of course, of course. Please come in, I just finished making some delicious mashed potatoes with steak." My mom closes the door behind her once Blake and I walk inside and the house.

"Leave your suitcases there and we'll take them upstairs once you both eat some dinner." My mom tells us directing us to the kitchen. Her kitchen looks just like how I imagined, grey island kitchen table with three grey stools, a dark black fridge and a light grey dinner table on the side.

My mom always wanted to have a dark themed kitchen for some reason. She's always liked the black, grey and white combination.

I take a random seat at the dinner table and wave my wrist for Blake to follow me. He hesitantly walks over to the chair besides me and sits. I look up at him and give him a reassuring smile, he returns the smile back making me feel more confident about this.