Chapter 13 Diamond and Pearl Clans

"Here we have it - our new base camp upon Deertrack Heights! I'll call it...the Heights Camp!" Laventon smiles, "From now on, when you set out from the village, you can ask to be escorted to this base camp to start your excursions directly from here."

"Having another base camp to start from will be a great help on our surveys!" Akari says.

"I know." Ash says.

"Nice work today, everyone. What say we all head back to the Wallflower?" Akari asks.

Serena says, "Of course, Pikachu can try out the Potato Mochis there, they are very great."

Pikachu is now drooling at the thought of delicious food, and Professor Laventon decides to check out the progress of both of them. They earn a lot of money for capturing Pokemon, and then they are going to get the second rank once they meet Captain Cyllene.

But before doing so, they take a stop at Wallflower as Laventon yells, "Beni, old chum, the usual potato mochi, please! And make it for four today as well!"

Beni nods as he takes out four plates of potato mochi, and Ash decides to have Pikachu try one, and Pikachu takes a bite and squeals.

"I guess you really like it, huh? Buddy?" Ash smiles, he really misses the mouse a lot.

Serena says, "Pikachu sure loves the mochi after all."

Beni asks, "Have you all heard the grave news? The frenzied Kleavor from the rumors...It ended up mauling some of our Galaxy folks who went out to investigate it this morning. The Medical Corps has had a hard time getting all the injured back on their feet..."

"Ah. This is the Kleavor that was reportedly struck by powerful lightning, yes? I did hear he's been behaving most erratically since then..." Laventon says, "Still, if further investigation is in order, the Survey Corps will, of course, step up to the task. A certain amount of danger is inevitable when researching unfamiliar Pokemon, but I'm sure Ash and Serena here can handle things just fine!"

"Are you certain? I've heard Kleavor's so mighty, even alpha Pokemon don't compare to him..." Akari stares at the Professor.

"Now now! You forget that the strengths of Pokemon are key items of information that we of the Survey Corps are duty-bound to research. And since this perilous work of ours calls for a clear head and fighting-fit physique...I do believe a good night's sleep is in order after this fine meal."

Ash and Serena are still confused, as they haven't heard of a Pokemon called Kleavor, so that night, Ash decides to call Lillie again and asks her about Kleavor.

"According to the book that we found a few hours ago, Kleavor is the other evolution of Scyther." Lillie says. "By trading Scyther with a Metal Coat, it becomes a Scizor. However, by trading Scyther with a Black Augurite, it becomes a Kleavor instead. Its typing is Bug and Rock, and Black Augurite is listed as one of the rarest items to find in the modern times."

"Black Augurite...never heard of this item as well." Serena says. "And what about the Wyrdeer that we sent to the Aether Foundation? Do you think he can teach those other Stantlers the move Psyshield Bash?"

"It was not that easy, but only a few Stantlers are doing it." Lillie says. "I just hope everything will go smooth."

"Me too." Ash says as they end the call to get some rest for the next day.

"Good morning, Ash, Serena!" Akari's voice causes the two of them to wake up, Ash says, "Can't we just try to sleep so more..."

"Yeah, we were tired yesterday..." Serena mutters.

"You should hurry to the commander's office before he decides to use you for sumo practice!" Akari says, and this causes both Ash and Serena to quickly wake up as they don't want to be like that.