Chapter 68 Ketchum Ancestor

Ash and Serena arrive at the Grandtree Arena, and they find Lian there who doesn't seem to be happy with them. He asks, "You! What in the world did you do?! Look at that size of that rift! If lightning starts pouring from it, all the Pokemon in Hisui could be thrown into a frenzy! The entire clan is in a panic now!"

He lowers his head and says, "I should have known that the only thing that could come from that rift was a disaster..."

"We really need some help so that we can investigate this..." Ash says.

"Look...You needn't try to put on a brave face. You've been a help to the Pearl Clan, and we know what kind of person you are. Though, it must be said - for every sympathetic ear you might find there, you may also find a detractor who fears your presence...I truly do wish that I could repay you for quelling Kleavor's frenzy as you did. You must know that. But there's nothing I alone can do for you."

"I see..." Serena frowns.

"Warden Mai might be able to help you, though. She's a caring woman, after all." Lian says. "You'll most likely find Mai at the Worn Bridge. I believe it's a very significant place for her. I'm certain that somewhere in the vastness of Hisui, there is a place for you as well."

Ash and Serena frown as they leave, Serena says, "So that means Pearl Clan is a no-go..."

"Yeah, the Diamond Clan is our last chance..." Ash mutters as they go to the Worn Bridge with the help of Braviary.

After getting there, they find Mai and her Munchlax, and she says, "My, my...What a frightful sky. Such a disturbing sight would be enough to put anyone ill at ease. You don't know what brought this about, do you?"

"We don't know anything, that's why we are going to find it out." Ash says.

"I suppose it was too much to expect that you could already have an answer to all this." Mai sighs. "I heard from our leader what happened. You can't return to that village of yours, can you? But I'm afraid the Diamond Clan cannot be the ones to save you."

"I know. The Diamond Clan could end up at war with the Galaxy Team if things went badly." Ash says. "It will be much pain for big brother Adaman as well."

"The great Wyrdeer took a liking to you. I want to offer you my support. But...Forgive me. I cannot help you with this. Do not abandon hope. Time solves all things. And besides, you seem to have a talent for making your own way in the world. I have no doubt you'll continue to find a path to walk."

After that, Ash and Serena also leave, and the two of them know that even the Diamond Clan can't help them, and they just sit on the grass looking at the Obsidian Falls. A Shinx walks over to them and purrs at Serena, Serena gives a sad smile as she pats the Pokemon.

"At least we still have our Pokemon to help us." Ash says.

"Yeah..." Serena says.

"Strange events seem to follow you wherever you go, don't they?" They turn around to see Volo walking towards them.

"Oh, hey Volo..." Ash mutters.

"Found you, at last, Ash and Serena!" Volo smiles. "I've been looking all over for you, you know! What would I do if I were to lose two of my favorite customers? Don't worry. I've already heard what happened. A good merchant knows well the importance of staying abreast of all the latest news. It seems you're in quite the pinch. No place for you among the Diamond Clan or the Pearl Clan - to say nothing of how poorly the Galaxy Team has treated you! But not to worry. There are still corners of the Hisui region where we can stash you away in secret."

"Really?" Ash and Serena ask in confusion.

"I know a spot that will be the perfect hideaway. Leave it all up to me!" Volo says as he brings the two to a place with a small hut.