Chapter 17 Noble Kleavor Battle

After Ash and Serena arrive at the Grandtree Arena, Lian is waiting for them as he asks, "So you say that you Galaxy people came up with a method to try to quell Lord Kleavor's frenzy?"

"Of course, Professor Laventon says that we can try combining Kleavor's favorite foods into balls so that we can throw them at him." Ash says.

"What? You'll mash up Kleavor's favorite foods into balls so you can THROW offerings at him?! Well, that's quite an unorthodox approach... You Galaxy people... You inventiveness just blows me away! I mean, now you can make offerings to Lord Kleavor...from a safe distance!" Lian exclaims. "I'll lend you my aid if it means we might provide Kleavor with his offering. Let's begin at once!"

"Hold on, Lian! Don't get ahead of yourself." Just then, Irida also arrives and she says, "Whatever the plan is, you'll need Kleavor's favorite Plump Beans. I've brought them, as promised."

"Gah! That's right! My apologies, Irida - I'd forgotten all about you!" Lian says.

"I admit, as we haven't been able to solve this ourselves, we seem to have a little choice but to turn to the Galaxy Team. But even I still have my doubts about whether we should entrust such a thing to outsiders. These Galaxy Team people don't share our customs or our values." Irida frowns. "So prove to me you're worthy to stand in the presence of our noble Pokemon!"

Just then, Irida's Glaceon also rushes forward, and Ash says, "I see you want to battle. I'll..."

"Hold on, Ash. Leave the battle to me." Serena says, much to his surprise. "I feel like I should be the one doing this."

"Okay..." Ash sighs.

"You may battle by ordering about the Pokemon you've caught in your little Poke Balls...But on my side, I have a Pokemon as close to me as a sister - as one of my blood! If you can defeat Glaceon and me, I will entrust you with Kleavor's fate. Allow Galceon's true strength to chill you to your depths!" Irida says.

"As if! Sylveon!" Serena says as she sends out her own Eeveelution. "Powder Snow!" Irida commands, and Glaceon tries to shoot some ice towards Sylveon.

"Dodge it, and go with Fairy Wind!" Serena yells, and the move causes some damage. "Good, now let's go with Swift!"

"You too!" Irida commands, and both Eeveelutions are shooting stars and both of them are equal power. "Now Iron Tail!" Serena says, "Finish it off!"

Sylveon's Iron Tail slams at Glaceon, much to Irida's surprise, and Glaceon is already down by the attack.

"I see now...Poke Balls are simply your tools of choice, not products of disregard for Pokemon." Irida says while trying to heal her Glaceon with berries. "You still understand the Pokemon that you've caught and treat them as partners. I feel better putting my trust in you two now, I think."

Then she offers to heal Sylveon, while doing so, she asks, "Now, explain the Galaxy Team's plan. What do you mean to do with these foods?"

After explaining what they have told Lian, Irida says, "So because you have to keep your distance, you'll mash Kleavor's favorite foods together, ball them up, and try to quell his frenzy by...throwing at him? Interesting. So you've developed soothing balms of sorts to calm our lord...Very well. If it'll help soothe Kleavor's frenzy, let's make these balms with our very hearts and souls!"

Then they try to make some balms and then they make a huge basket of them. Lian says, "There! A veritable mountain of balms! This should please Kleavor, if anything can...Now then, ready yourself! And I will summon our mighty Kleavor, Lord of the Woods."

Ash and Serena nod as they enter the arena, Lian walks to the altar and says, "Oh mighty Kleavor, Lord of the Woods...Though it isn't yet the time of the ceremony, we've prepared an offering of your favorite things. Benevolent Lord who works his might between the heavens and earth, we offer our gratitude. And beseech you - reveal yourself to our eyes..."