Chapter 78 Gathering the Plates

A day has passed after Ash and Serena capture Dialga and Palkia to save the whole world, they know for sure that the Pokedex has not completed yet, and they haven't gathered every plate as they miss the Fist Plate, Stone Plate, Spooky Plate, Iron Plate, Draco Plate, Dread Plate, and Pixie Plate. Delia also decides to stay at Ash and Serena's quarters, as they really need some support from her.

Ash and Serena, as the nine star-rank members, as they are heading outside from their quarters. Akari greets them and she says, "Good morning, Ash and Serena. It looks like the space-time rift has vanished...The sky's gone back to normal again. Which I suppose means we'd better get back to our original mission: completing the Pokedex."

"You're right about that." Ash says.

"We're going to meet in the Survey Corps office to discuss our next steps. See you there soon, Ash, Serena." Akari says as she rushes to the Galaxy Hall.

Serena says, "Well, should we tell her that we already have all the normal Pokemon in the Pokedex?"

"Might as well, since we only need Legendary and Mythical Pokemon." Ash nods.

In the Galaxy Hall, Cyllene asks the two. "So. I trust you enjoyed yourself at the festival."

"We did enjoy it a lot." Ash says.

"Indeed. That only seems natural, given the crowd." Cyllene says.

"I believe last night was the first time I've caught a glimpse of you making merry, Captain!" Laventon comes and teases the captain.

"I believe you must be imagining things. Now, Professor Laventon, to business. What is the current state of progress on the Pokedex?" Cyllene asks.

"I daresay we've made quite significant progress, all in all. Though we could afford to put a little more effort into our research tasks... And of course it is hard to know how far to go in pursuit of some reports. Certain Pokemon have only been mentioned in Hisui's legends, after all. Who knows if they are even real!"

"With how little we know about Hisui's history and legends, it seems a tall order for us to tackle..." Akari adds.

"Pardon! Couldn't help but overhear!" Just then, Volo goes into the hall. "If it's Hisuian history and legends you want, then I'm your man!"

"Volo?" Ash and Serena are surprised to see him.

"Why, I've spent plenty of time studying such things instead of - Ahem. I mean while also tirelessly doing my work for the Ginkgo Guild. And I've visited many of the ruins and whatnot here in the Hisui region already! I imagine I could teach you a thing or two about any Pokemon of legend in these parts!"

"Oho! Music to my ears, my good fellow." Laventon nods.

"Listen well, Ash and Serena. You are to learn all you can from the merchant Volo and work together as needed. For the sake of the Pokedex. We, meanwhile, will also continue to gather intelligence on Pokemon by other means." Cyllene says.

"Understood! I'll set up at the Heights Camp, then. Ash and Serena, I'll be expecting you! Besides, I've something I'd like to discuss with you too, so I hope you won't keep me waiting!" Volo says as he leaves.

Before leaving, they find a Lucario in the hall. When he growls at them, they hear a voice, "Something the matter, Lucario?"

And then they notice a person who looks much like Riley walking into the hall, Ash gasps as he knows that Riley is one of his cousins. He says, "I'm Rye. You must be Ash and Serena that my mother spoke highly about. Nice to meet you."

"Okay...do we know your mother in some way?" Serena asks.

"Oh, that's not something you should worry about, my mother usually lives in solitude, it was the first time I saw her among the crowd at the festival, and that's when she told me about you two. The ones who passed the trials to get the Red Chain." Rye says.