Chapter 86 A New Anomaly

When the group arrives at the Highlands Camp, they find Mai and Munchlax, and Mai says, "So we meet here again. I've been hearing plenty about your impressive exploits. But of course, I've always known you would impress us, ever since you dealt with that alpha Kricketune for me. I've had my hands full as well. I've no idea why, but Munchlax keeps trying to run off in different directions..."

"What do you mean?" Adaman asks, and then they see Munchlax trying to run off again. Mai yells, "Munchlax! Where are you off to now?"

Munchlax stops after hearing Mai's voice, and she says, "I'm not sure what he's so focused on, but he just up and disappears without warning...Keeping track of him has been quite the task."

Just then, both Ash and Serena's Arc Phone beeps, and they take it out to check what's going on. "What was that just now? It almost seemed to be responding to Munchlax."

Adaman looks at the phone and he says, "That map...the direction it is pointing...that place is Ramanas Island."

"My, my, isn't this exciting... I wonder if we're about to see another strange phenomenon sweep across Hisui..." Mai says.

"Or perhaps you're reading too much into things." Adaman says with a sigh. "I mean, the almighty Sinnoh already said that Ash and Serena managed to stop everything that might danger this Hisui Region."

"Then could I ask you guys to visit Ramans Island to try to shed some light on this new mystery?" Mai asks.

As they walk towards Ramanas Island, they are surprised to see something that they aren't expecting: An outbreak of Hisuian Zorua. They quickly dodge to the ground before those Zorua spot them.

Irida says, "What the...I thought they only lived in Alabaster Icelands..."

"Maybe this is the strange phenomenon Mai was talking about..." Serena adds.

They quickly rush back to the camp to report Mai, and she says, "Done with your investigation? Please, tell me what you found."

"We found a pack of Zorua on the island, and it is very strange since we know for sure that they only appear in Alabaster Icelands." Ash says.

"The spiteful fox, Zorua? Well, you came across a rare Pokemon. I've seen them in the icelands before, but not here." Mai says.

"That was just what I've said..." Ash mutters.

"So was that it, Munchlax? You were curious about Zorua?" Mai asks.

But much to their surprise, there are two Munchlax, and they all act the same like each other. Mai says, "Well this is unexpected. It seems there are two Munchlax now. But naturally, I would never fail to recognize my own Munchlax."

She points at one of them and asks, "It's you, right? Not the Munchlax next to me - the other one!"

"What?" Ash asks, and Mai says, "The imposter."

Then the Munchlax jumps into the air and turns into a Zorua who is giggling before running off. Serena says, "That was a Zorua?"

"I guess even it is in its Hisuian Form, it can do the same thing as a normal Zorua can do..." Ash sighs, remembering how many times that he was mocked by it.

"So it was Zorua." Mai says. "How odd for it to appear in the fieldlands. I only hope that this isn't an omen of something unpleasant yet to come. As a precaution, it might be best for you to report this to your captain."

Ash sighs, "And we were just about to relax...I guess trouble never stops..."

"Well, this is important right now." Serena adds as they all head to the Galaxy Hall.