Chapter 20 Post Obsidian Fieldlands Part 3

As they are back at the Heights Camp, they find a man who called himself the Balloon Race Man. He says, "Nice to meet you, young Survey Corps recruits! I hear you have the rare ability to dash over hill and vale on the back of a Pokemon, yes? Well, why not try your hand at the balloon race? It's a game I invented myself!"

"Sure, but how do you play?" Ash asks.

"It's simple, really - you just need to burst as many of my adorable balloons as possible while riding a Pokemon. If you manage to burst, say, 17 balloons, well, that'd be an impressive start! You can find me here any time, so let me know whenever you feel like testing your skill in the balloon race!"

Serena says, "I think I'll pass this one, even though I am a daughter of the famous Rhyhorn Racer."

"Sure, I'll do it for you." Ash smiles.

After a while, the man has set up the course, and he says, "There are a total of 30 balloons on the course! Let's see how many of them you can burst in 45 seconds! Now, get out there and get bursting!"

Ash hops on Wyrdeer and starts to burst the balloons while running down the Deertrack Heights, they also have to be careful not to hit Geodude or Kricketots on the way. After managing to smash all 30 balloons, they are now at the beach in the south. After getting back, the man says, "Welcome back! You burst...30 balloons! P-perfection! You popped every single balloon!"

"Well, it wasn't hard at all." Ash smiles.

"You definitely a balloon-bursting boss - that's for sure. And that means you deserve something special to mark the occasion!" The man gives them a Nugget and a Rare Candy for completion.

"And whaddya know? You beat my target of bursting at least 17 balloons! Well done, you!" He also gives them another Rare Candy and 15 Feather Balls, much to their delight.

"You can take part in balloon races in other places as well. This race is the easiest of the lot!" The man adds. "Let's see if you have what it takes to challenge them all and raise your skills to the next level!"

"I'm looking forward to that." Ash says.

And after that's done, they find Professor Laventon as they are going back to the Jubilife Village. Professor Laventon looks at his Pokedex and says, "Splendiferous results! I daresay you've earned yourself a promotion to the next rank! Best report to Captain Cyllene, eh? I'd get right on that if I were you!"

"Professor Laventon, sorry for the late news, but we also quelled Lord Kleavor." Ash says.

"Well done and bravo, my boy and my girl! Time to head back to the village and report to Commander Kamado!"

And then they finally get back to Jubilife Village, Volo is already waiting for them there. Volo says, "I saw a light fading into the sky. You must have quelled the lord Pokemon!"

He also notices the Insect Plate and the Mind Plate. "And what do you have there? Could it be...? Ah! Those are two of the fabled plates of old! Please, let me have a look!"

Ash shows the two plates, and he says, "I see, there are some letters carved into them."

"We already know that. I can read them as well." Ash says. "This one says, "Where all creation was born, that is the being's place of origin."

"It seems to be a phrase from a very old myth. How did you come across these?" Volo asks.

"We are given the plates by Wyrdeer and Kleavor." Serena says.

"That's quite something, indeed! My heart is practically racing with excitement!" Volo says. "It is my guess that you will find more plates like these scattered across Hisui! If we were to gather them all and decipher the scripts on them, we may uncover something absolutely amazing! The mysteries of the past! Oh, how they tickle my curiosity! What a joy to be alive in such times! Well, I must be on my way. Until next time!"