Chapter 40 Frenzy Now

With the safety of Growlithe in their minds, Ash and Serena decide not to capture any Pokemon while riding on Basculegion. Ash says, "Serena, how are you feeling riding Basculegion with me?"

"I can feel the breeze, it is amazing." Serena says, "But I still can't believe that Basculin will evolve into a Ghost-type like Jellicent."

"Me neither, I just called Professor Oak and it seems that only Basculin with white-striped form can evolve into this Basculegion, not to mention that its evolution is as annoying as Wyrdeer and Overqwil." Ash says.

"But still, we have to get to the island quick so that Basculegion can go back to bring Adaman and Irida with us." Serena says.

"You're right. Now it is not the time to capture the Basculin." Ash says.

Once they arrive at Firespit Island, Basculegion goes back to carry Adaman and Irida. The two of them are not that willing to ride with each other, but there are no other choice, and it seems that Irida also enjoys riding with Adaman in the end. And after the two get here, Iscan also arrives.

"Whew...Firespit Island...It's certainly hot enough to feel like a sweat bath, isn't it?" Iscan asks.

"I feel like I'm going to melt if I continue to stay here..." Irida frowns, Serena asks, "You're afraid of hot?"

"If you live in a cold area, you won't get used to the hot environment." Irida replies. "After all, our clan lives close to Lake Acuity."

"And now we've got a ghost and bandits to deal with on top of the heat..." Iscan adds.

"But we have to go! That poor Growlithe...I don't dare imagine what those bandits are doing to him now..." Adaman says.

"Maybe they are much like Team Rocket, just put them inside some sort of bindings and then celebrate on their own..." Ash thinks.

After walking up the volcano, they find a lot of Fire-type Pokemon around there like Magmar, but they decide to ignore them for now as they have a mission to do. Once they reach the lava arena, they see that Gengar is hurting Growlithe, who is still struggling.

"Come on - evolve already!" Charm says.

"We've done our homework! Any Pokemon gutsy enough to come to this lava trap is s'posed to evolve - so get on with it already!" Clover adds.

"You WILL become stronger. Like it or not." Coin says.

"You guys better let that Growlithe go!" Ash says as the three bandits notice they are here.

"Oh, look. The pests again." Charm mutters.

"Stand back, sisters - I'll take care of him. Go, Abomasnow! Smash this fool to pieces!" Clover says as she sends out the Pokemon.

"Great, she's using the same Pokemon as Candice..." Ash thinks. "I'll battle you if you want. Go! Quilava! Use Flamethrower!"

Ash sends out the Pokemon and goes with the attack because the Fire-type is 4 times super effective towards Grass- and Ice-type. Abomasnow is defeated with ease. At the same time, Quilava evolves and becomes a Typhlosion, but something is not right.

"What the...This isn't the Typhlosion we know..." Ash says.

"It's a Hisui Form!" Serena gasps.

"I don't get it! How'd I lose?!" Clover yells as she recalls Abomasnow. "Y'know Abomasnow can't fight at full power in crazy heat like this! It wasn't a fair battle...We were basically goin' easy on you! In fact, how dare you make poor Abomasnow battle in such a stupidly hot place!"

"Excuse me? You're the ones that bring us here." Ash says with annoyance.

"He's right, you're the one who sent out Abomasnow, sister." Coin adds. "Go on, then, Toxicroak. Pour out some poison for our unwelcome guest."