Chapter 69 They're not dead

With the help of Arc Phone, Ash and Serena send a video to the Aether Foundation. Lillie takes the video and smiles, "Well, looks like Ash and Serena manage to send us a video of proof that they're still alive."

Lusamine says, "Good, and according to Professor Oak and the others, they have already set up a trap at the Ketchum's house. We have done all the preparations, now we just need to play it."

"Good thing we have Alexa helping us out, considering that she is the best reporter there is." Gladion says.

And after some time, the programs inside the television all stopped and changed into an announcement from Alexa. "Breaking news. Sorry for the interruption. But we have received the news regarding the World Champion Ash Ketchum who was seemingly killed a year ago."

The news causes uproar to a lot of the regions, Ash Ketchum is a famous person in the whole world because he is the first one to defeat Champion Leon, the first one to obtain the weird Greninja, Dusk form Lycanroc, and Melmetal, and not only that, the hero who managed to stop all the evil teams.

"May! Everyone! Look at the news!" In a secluded building, the real murderers are also watching the news as they are shocked to see what's going on.

Alexa continues, "It turns out, our World Champion along with his girlfriend are both safe. And they have sent us a video."

Then the screen turns into Ash and Serena, who are sitting in front of a table. A lot of people are wondering if the video is fake, but as Pikachu is also there, they know that this video is the real deal. And the traitors know for sure that the setting is in the Ketchum residence in the Kanto Region.

Ash says, "Hello everyone. I am Ash Ketchum and this is my girlfriend Serena, not to mention my buddy Pikachu."

He takes a breath and sighs, "Some of you might think this is some sort of prank video, but I want to confirm that this is the real deal. Yes, both of us are alive."

"How? We saw the news that they were dead!" Misty yells with horror, and so are the murderers.

Serena says, "It is true that those murderers managed to deal a lot of damage to us, you can see from the scars on our skins."

What Ash and Serena are not exactly true, as some cuts are from the battles against the Noble Pokemon in frenzy. Serena continues, "But we were saved thanks to our family and the Aether Foundation. They manage to find some Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to heal our wounds."

A lot of people have rejoiced since they know for sure that Ash Ketchum is some sort of Legendary Magnet, and the fact that the Legendary Pokemon saving them is expected. Clemont says, "How could we forget this fact..."

"Indeed...I can't believe those Legendary and Mythical Pokemon would help them like that..." Max says with frustration.

Ash says, "We are very sorry that we faked the news of our death, but I'm also glad that all of you are trying to avenge me by finding those murderers on the run. Since it has been a while I come back to my home in Kanto, I will be trying to take some rest before I go back to League business."

"Same for me, I'll stay at Ash's House for rest before I go back to the Showcase Business as well." Serena says with a smile. "We are not sure when we will be ready, but we'll be looking forward to it."

Ash looks in one direction and says, "Okay, Mom. You can end the video." And then the camera moved a little before turning black. Alexa says, "And here it is, this is the video we gained from Ash and Serena themselves. Thank you for listening."

After the news ended, the traitors have made up their mind, if they fail to kill Ash Ketchum this time, then they are going to kill Ash again. They have already changed their names and identity so that they wouldn't be able to be found by the officials, but what they don't know is that Ash and Serena aren't actually at their homes, but rather in the ancient Sinnoh known as Hisui.