Chapter 21 The Wisps

After getting inside the Galaxy Hall, they go to the third floor and find Kamado, who hears the news and says, "Hrrm. Well done! I have already received the reporters of your exploits. You successfully quelled Kleavor's frenzy, restoring peace of mind to Hisui's people. You are a stranger to us - one who fell out of the very sky. Yet you have served the Galaxy Team admirably. I admit you have earned yourselves some degree of recognition."

Ash and Serena are delighted to hear what Kamado says, and he adds, "But things are not settled yet, I've received word that there are other Pokemon nobles falling prey to such frenzies elsewhere in Hisui. So carry on with your research and survey duties, and prove that you truly are an asset to us! That is all. You are dismissed. Your fellow Survey Corps members are likely at the Wallflower. Go and join them."

Ash and Serena nod as they go to Wallflower with Akari and Laventon. Laventon says, "Beni, old chum, the usual order! Four servings of potato mochi, please! Oh, and if there's anything else that you'd recommend, by all means, bring it out!"

"The whole village is gossiping up a storm about our young friends here, you know." Beni smiles. "They've got quite some luck to have come back unharmed after facing off against that Kleavor." Beni says.

"Well, we did get some minor injuries." Ash says. "But we were prepared."

"And they were a quick study of how Kleavor moved in battle, form what I heard!" Laventon says. "All in all, it was a very good show! A victory well earned!"

"We can feel safer going about our Survey Corps duties now, thanks to your efforts." Akari says. "Oh, by the way - why not try crafting some of these? I made the recipe based on directions Beni gave me."

They are given the recipe of Smoke Bombs, much to their surprise, and Laventon says, "Lovely! And now that we need not worry about being mauled by Kleavor, either...Let's take our chance to study all the Pokemon that call the Obsidian Fieldlands their home!"

"Well, Professor, you did see our Pokedex, we've found all of the Pokemon we can find in the Obsidian Fieldlands. The only left is their evolutions." Ash says.

"I know, by the way, it seems that Captain Cyllene is already taking a rest, so you should try to talk to her to gain another rank tomorrow." Laventon says.

"You found all the Pokemon in Obsidian Fieldlands? That is amazing, Ash, Serena." Akari adds.

"Why thank you." Serena says.

After talking for some more, they have decided to go back to rest as they don't have much sleep during these days while hunting for nocturnal Pokemon. But just as they are going to get back, they hear a girl's voice, "Ash and Serena..."

They turn around to see a girl, and she says, "I've been waiting for you, Ash and Serena...My name's Vessa. There's something really important I need to tell you. Would you come with me?"

As they follow the girl, they are now at the river as she says, "Um, this is kind of a secret, but...something terrible has happened. Hisui is in a whole lot of danger."

"What do you mean by that?" Serena asks.

"Hundreds of years ago, a being that brought calamity to this region was sealed away by someone with a Pikachu using the power of a strange magic. But now, for some unknown reason, the magic has come undone and the seal is broken. I hate to think what might happen at this rate..."

"For some reason, I have heard of this kind of tale before..." Ash mutters.

"So please, Ash and Serena, hear me out. I need you to restore the broken seal..." Vessa pleads.