Chapter 71 Lake Acuity

Ash, Serena, Volo, and Irida arrive at Alabaster Icelands, and they are climbing their way up to Lake Acuity. Serena says, "I wonder why is Lake Acuity is so high above the ground..."

"Yeah, it took us a while to get here..." Ash mutters. "Not to mention that looking up at the sky while climbing is making me dizzy..."

Volo smiles, "But here we are: Lake Acuity! You know, I've been told it actually contains seawater as well. Nobody knows why, though - it could be a fluke of geography, or perhaps it's connected to a Pokemon somehow."

"Lake Acuity is protected by the Pokemon Uxie." Ash says. "When Uxie took flight, the knowledge to solve problems was born in people's minds. That's what the stories say, anyway."

And this time, Serena's Arc Phone beeps and glows, just like what happened in Lake Verity. And the glow causes the entrance to appear, just like last time.

Volo says, "A tool that can make caves simply appear from nowhere is quite a handy one to have!"

"I wonder what waits inside..." Irida mutters.

"I imagine there may be POkemon in there, protecting the lake's guardian. Take care." Volo says as he continues to stand guard for the three of them.

As they enter the cave, Irida shivers a little and says, "I sense a chill in the air...What is this?"

"Really? Even the cold-unaffected Irida feels the chill...that means this is not good..." Ash mutters.

"For some reason, you're starting to act like Adaman..." Irida mutters.

This time, the attack is a Shadow Ball and it is from no other than an Alpha Hisuian Zoroark. Just like the Goodra from before, it is trying to attack them.

"Could...could that be the dreaded Baneful Fox?" Irida asks.

"I'm not sure..." Serena says as she decides to go with Samurott to battle. Zoroark goes for an attack and Ash yells, "Watch out, Serena! It's going for Bitter Malice!"

"I know, I'm not going to let it freeze Samurott though. Cut it with Ceaseless Edge!" Serena yells.

Samurott manages to cut through the attack, and it goes for a Night Slash to deal a lot of damage. Ash says, "It is a good thing that Samurott has become the same typing as Greninja."

"If you think of it, I wonder why Typhlosion is not the same type as Delphox while the other two are the same as Chesnaught and Greninja..." Serena mutters as she throws the Pokeball, capturing the Baneful Pokemon in the end.

"The Baneful Fox...even though I have already told you guys once back at the caverns, but still, it is a Pokemon said to be filled with malice. We were told stories about it as children." Irida says.

"Yeah, you did mention about that." Serena says as they see Uxie pops in front of them.

"Hello, Ash. You are very wise to forgive your good old pal Brock, after all, it is questionable to judge him for murdering you while he didn't do anything." Uxie says.

"Right..." Ash mutters. "Enough of this killing nonsense right now."

"Come. I will test your knowledge." Uxie says. "Combee. Zubat. Unown. Magneton. Dusclops. How many are their eyes? Tell me each, one by one yet all at once. Answer me."

Ash and Serena look at each other with surprise, as they aren't expecting to be asked this kind of question. Ash says, "Well, Combee is a Pokemon made with three faces, right? So that means there are 6 eyes on them."

Serena says, "For Zubat...didn't we do a request from a person from the Security Corps about how Zubat can navigate through the dark by using soundwaves, and we did find out that Zubat doesn't have any eyes."