Chapter 49 Wayward Cave Exploration

After arriving at Coronet Highlands' Hightlands Camp, Ash and Serena are in awe at the close sight of Mt. Coronet. Ash says, "Mt. Coronet...And the Spear Pillar is just up there..."

"Thinking of bad memories of Team Galactic again?" Serena asks with a frown.

"You have no idea." Ash says. "The world was about to be destroyed because of them."

Professor Laventon walks towards them and he says, "There you are! Welcome to Coronet Highlands! I expect you'll find all sorts of Rock-type and Ground-type Pokemon wandering about these craggy, boulder-strewn heights! And up there...Right beneath that great rift in space-time is the peak of Mount Coronet itself! The magnetism from it may well exert some sort of influence on the Pokemon throughout the area. Fascinating stuff."

"Yeah." Ash says as they walk on the Heavenward Lookout. They also find Adaman, Irida, and Ingo in front of the cave.

"The Electrode known as the Lord of the Hollow is somewhat different from the Electrode I recall. But its electrical discharges, at least, are familiar. One false step around it could put you in danger." Ingo says.

"Indeed. If you're going to face it, you might consider catching Pokemon that can withstand electricity." Irida adds.

"We got a couple of those." Ash says, and Pikachu nods in agreement.

"It must be difficult being a Pokemon, don't you think? Especially one as irritable as Electrode." Ingo sighs. "Then becoming frenzied, to boot..."

"So true! It's a tough old life for Pokemon and humans alike!" Just then, Melli also arrives, and he says, "Well, well. Adaman, Warden Ingo and Leader Irida of the Pearl Clan...And...oh my! The Galaxy Team grunts from before. You're punching well above your weight to seek out the great Electrode, Lord of the Hollow! But! B the sheer tenderness of my heart, I'll grant you a trial to see if you're worthy."

"Didn't I just prove them they are worthy?" Adaman rolls his eyes.

"The greatest obstacle you'll ever face awaits you right here! Battle me - if you dare!" Melli says.

"If you-" Before Ash can say anything, Serena quickly covers his mouth and says, "No, Ash. We're not going to waste our time battling."

"Hmph! Well then, let me tell you the great Melli's take on this whole situation." Melli says. "The frenzy of our nobles is nothing other than a mark of almighty Sinnoh's favor and protection! Why? Because it makes them stronger! Do I really need to spell out that that's a good thing?"

"Are you kidding me right now?" Irida mutters.

"We must let my lord frenzy as it may, to demonstrate to almighty Sinnoh that the Diamond Clan lives as is right and good!" Melli says. "This may even be - dare I say it - the very reason I am here on this earth!"

"How many times do I need to tell you?" Adaman says. "Being frenzy is not right and good. So we should let Ash and Serena handle this."

"What business is it of the Galaxy Team's, anyway, if Electrode lets lose a few sparks out here in the mountains? Really, you should do us all a favor and slink back home to that village of yours, rather than persist in this folly. And with that...bon voyage!"

After he leaves, Irida says, "Adaman, why do you keep that guy in your team anyway? He is so selfish..."

"Indeed. These frenzies cause the Pokemon themselves such suffering!" Ingo agrees.

"Trust me, there are some times I really want to kick him out of the clan, but I can't do it because of his family status." Adaman turns to Ash and Serena. "But what is it you want to do, Ash and Serena?"