Chapter 89 Stormy Coastlands

Once they get back to the Jubilife Village to find Mai, who says, "The next step of our investigation is to look for massive mass outbreaks in the Cobalt Coastlands! Thanks as always for all the help!"

But before they can leave, Gaeric walks up to them as Irida gasps, "Gaeric sir?"

"What a fine surprise, meeting you guys while out fetching supplies for our settlement." Gaeric says. "Calaba filled me in. You're looking into mass outbreaks that happen during rainstorms? Well then, I'll tell you what I recommend: Sticky Globs!"

He gives them 30 Sticky Globs, and then he says, "Hitting a Pokemon with a Sticky Glob will slow it right down! I brought the recipe at the craftworks myself, by request from the settlement."

"Thank you for helping me do this." Irida bows to her teacher.

"No problem, Irida. I'd better get back to the icelands. Not that it'll take much time with well-trained legs like these!" Gaeric says as he leaves.

"Interesting. The Pearl Clan is recommending the Galaxy Team's Sticky Globs." Mai comments.

"Now let's go to the Beachside Camp." Ash says as they head there.

Once they arrive, they find a Thunderstorm, and Mai says, "It seems we're arrived in time to catch another massive mass outbreak. Remember Gaeric's advice. Perhaps those Sticky Globs could be a big help. Now then, let's begin our research. You can let me know if you wish to give Munchlax some Aguav Berries, as well. It will grant you a bit of insight into the Pokemon gathering in these massive mass outbreaks."

They nod as they start to walk around. They find Clefairy, Ninetales, Arcanine, Machamp, Golem, Steelix, Blissey, Empoleon, Lucario, Magmortar, Togekiss, and even Basculegion and Overqwil outbreaks in the wild, but just as they finish with the Basculegion one, they are surrounded by black tornados at the ocean.

"Okay...who in the world did this?" Serena asks.

And much to their surprise, the one who is doing this is no other than Thundurus, and Ash says, "Come on...we were just in the middle of the massive mass outbreaks..."

Thundurus demands a challenge from them, just like what Landorus did, and then they decide to play chase again with the Sticky Globs hitting Thundururs once they manage to catch up to it. After that, they capture the Pokemon.

Thundurus's Research Tasks: Number caught:1 Times you have seen it use Extrasensory:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use Wildbolt Storm:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've seen it use a strong style move:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've seen it use an agile style move:1,3,8,20,40

Hisui Dex Entry No.232 Thundurus (Incarnate Form): The Bolt Strike Pokemon: Electric- and Flying-type. They say this wielder of electricity has waged war with its nemesis, Tornadus, since time immemorial. The lightning bolts it hurls pierce the very earth and enrich the soil.

"And since when do these Forces of nature have their own signature moves?" Ash asks.

"I guess that is why they are mad when we didn't find them for help..." Serena says, "They might have learned those moves because they want to help us out..."

After getting back to the camp, Mai says, "It seems the Survey Corps really does get the job done! I'm glad I asked you for help. I'm also glad we can get information from the Pearl Clan more easily now."

"Yeah." Irida says. "That sure is a win-win."

"I've got even more information from the Survey Corps to offer!" They turn to see Akari coming out of the carriage and approaching them. "Professor Laventon and I have been researching these massive mass outbreaks, too - Captain Cyllene's orders."