Spike Imagine - Wounds

"Spike!" your concerned voice echoes off the crypt walls as an injured Spike limps towards you. He looks terrible. 

"What happened?" you question, rushing up to him. You examine his black eye and the scarlet blood dripping from a gash in his cheek. Gently, you grace his cheek with your fingertips, feeling the hot, swollen skin. Leaning back, you see his black t-shirt ripped open to reveal countless cuts scratching down his chest. A tiny gasp escapes your lips.

"I'm fine." Spike says, straight face, while he tries to move away.

"Clearly you're not." you say, following him over to a chair. He sits and winces at the movement.

"Spike, stop." Your voice falters. 

He looks up at you. 

"Stop, ok. It's ok. You're ok. Look, I can fix this." Flustered, you start searching the crypt for a First Aid kit. "There'll be bandages in the kitchen." you state, practically running to look through the cupboards. You hear a faint call from Spike but ignore it. 

"Look, here!" You return to Spike. Worry bubbles inside you. You can see it in his eyes -  he's in so much pain. "It's ok." You sniff, tears uncontrollably pricking your eyes .  

"Y/n. Now you need to stop. Look at me." 

You pause, knelt down in front of the vampire, bandages in hand. You feel like an idiot, tears staining your face. Who knew you even cared that much about him?

"I'm ok, love, please. Please don't cry. I'm a vampire, remember? Excelled healing. I'll be right as rain in a couple of days. Come here." He slowly reaches his arms out, as if offering an embrace. 

"I can't. I'll hurt you."

"Y/n." he breathes. Instead, he brushes a tear off your cheek. "I've never seen you cry before," he whispers, "this is more painful than any of these scrapes."

"Stop, you're going to make me cry more!" you laugh through the tears. "Sorry -"

"Don't apologise."

You smile sadly. You stare into his eyes for a long moment before carefully touching his cheek.

In silence, you clean him up: bandage his cuts, wipe his face and apply a cold towel to his black eye. He lets you, even though you can tell he hates feeling this helpless. 

You crouch down, facing Spike, checking over his wounds. Satisfied, your mouth curves into a small smile - and so does Spike's. The silence feels heavy but you don't want to be the first to break it. Spike's eyes shine in the darkness of the crypt, and you can't help but stare. 

You feel him lean closer and before you know it, his lips are on yours. As light as a feather. Caring. It's a thank you.  A thank you for taking care of me. A thank you for letting me be vulnerable.

He pulls away first. You gaze at him, still a little shocked, when he says: "Good night, y/n."

thanks for reading! i kinda hate how this is the first Spike imagine in the series 'cus i swear  they get better but yolo 😭