Spike & Giles Imagine - Concert

SPIKE FLUFF ok let's go!!!
*if you don't like/know Barenaked Ladies, think of your fave 90s band/singer instead!*

Spike's POV

I used to hate the colder months.

The chill would seep into the crypt - into my bones, as there's no insulation there - and really just depress me. The only thing that would ease the pain was warm blood, but it doesn't hit the spot when it comes from the microwave. 

But now I have Y/N. 

The crypt never feels cold with her around (but that's probably because she forces me to wear jumpers as soon as autumn hits). Long days I used to waste re-reading a book or annoying the hell out of Buffy and her gang, I can spend with her. Whether we leave the crypt or not, it's always time well spent. 

"So I told her that if she wants us all to spend Christmas together, she'd have to let us sleep over on Christmas Eve. How else are we supposed to get there for dinner without catching on fire? But Buff said there's a bed in the basement we can spend the night on."

I smile as she rambles on about Christmas plans although the holiday is two months away. 

"Oh, and another thing," she links her arm through mine as the wind picks up a little, causing her cheeks to flush a cute pink. We pick up the pace. "Giles said there's a Barenaked Ladies concert he's going to and asked if we could man The Magic Box with Anya."

"Wait," I push open the crypt door and we stumble in, shedding our coats and gloves, "You're telling me there's a Barenaked Ladies concert and you're not jumping at the chance to go?"

"I was!" she tells me, a hint of sadness in her voice, "I really wanted to go but it starts at eight and is in Las Vegas."

"So?"

"So," she says as if the dilemma is obvious, "It takes four hours to drive there so the sun will still be out by the time we need to leave."

"When is it?"

"Tomorrow... Look, forget it. It makes me sad thinking about it. I told him we'd help Anya so we'll have to play poker next Saturday."

She disappears into the bathroom and I sigh, walking over to the CD player in the kitchen. I count her CDs by the band (five) and sigh again.

I've encountered a lot of problems as a vampire, but this has never been one I've had to think about.

I have to get her to that concert.

-_--__---__--_-------_-

I waltz into Giles' house and make him jump so violently that he almost spills his cuppa.

"Evening." 

"...Spike?" 

"Yes, now listen. When are you leaving for that concert?"

"The - the concert? Well, erm, three, I suppose."

"Great. We'll see you then. Can I have your car keys a sec?"

He stands, his brow crinkling in annoyance, "Wha - What is going on here?"

My eyes dart from his questionable pyjamas, to his car keys that sit in a dish on his desk and back to his plaid pyjama set. I shake my head and grab the keys.

The pad of slippers follows me out into the drive way.

I fill him in as I get to work.

"Look, Y/N really wants to go to the concert with you. I wouldn't mind goin' myself in all honesty but that's not the point. Point is, I can tell she's real down in the dumps 'bout it," I pull out the duct tape from my pocket and climb in the back seat, "So we're tagging along."