Spike Imagine - Lover's Walk

set in s3 episode Lover's Walk

Uncle Roy's Magic Cabinet is a nicer place than Spike thought it would be. It's got plenty of spell books, magical ingredients and crystals - maybe you just get places like this on top of Hellmouths. They must have something he can use to curse Angel with. Something good. None of that turn-him-into-a-frog bollocks. Something nasty will do... like boils... or leprosy. 

It's his fault Drusilla left him. Everything was perfect until Angel lost his soul and he was bound to a wheelchair. Drusilla's an amazing woman, but she was manipulated by Angel into thinking Spike wasn't the one for her.

He'll show him. Maybe he can blackmail Captain Forehead into helping him get her back, in exchange for a reversal of the curse.

He's nothing without her.

Dru is his world.

He scans the shelves but doesn't know what will work best. Maybe he needs a spell book first. He locates them near the back of the shop and runs his fingers down their spines. He stops on the largest book with a green cover and pulls it out. 

10 spells to protect your divine femininity and - 

He thrusts it back into its space with a sneer.

Then, a book displayed on a high shelf catches his attention. It thrums with a dark energy he didn't even know he could sense, but it calls to him like a siren song. With a quick glance at the cashier, who is preoccupied with a red-headed customer, he reaches up and snatches the book, stuffing it under his shirt.

He nods to the cashier on his way out and heads straight for an old, abandoned factory, where he knows he'll get some peace and quiet. 

----------

He opens the book to, disappointingly, find all the pages blank.

He frowns, flicking through them all again to double check, but the only useful thing about his steal is the small black pen hidden in the book's spine. Great. Maybe he can use it for shopping lists. 

He pulls the pen lid off and ponders about what he needs. 

He writes a real spellbook bitterly, wondering when his days of turmoil and torment will end. 

He scribbles down cigarettes, Weetabix and Vodka (alcohol takes priority over blood at this point). 

Was he even capable enough to pull off a curse? He couldn't even keep the supposed eternal love of his life around, so what use was he?

A neat pile of the items he wrote down appear in front of him on the floor. 

Spike scrambles to his feet and takes a step back. 

"What?" he says to himself.

He gazes down at the open book to find the ink erased, leaving a plain, white page.

"Bloody hell." he mutters, picking up the packet of cigs and turning it over in his hand. It seems legit. He pulls one out and examines it.

Oh, this is good.

This is too good.

He picks up the pen again.

A lighter  he writes and lets out a delighted cry when it appears before him. 

He could get Dru back in the blink of an eye. Get her to love him. Kill that Chaos Demon she ran off with... But the temptation to mess around a bit first is too appealing. Come on. He's a child at heart and can't say no to a bit of mischief. It's what he needs to cheer himself up.