Spike - Mission pt2

As I begin to wake up, I yawn loudly and snuggle down further into the sheets. The duvet smells fresh and feels silky - I must have changed it last night. As my eyes flutter open lazily, I'm hit with a wave of confusion, because this is not my bedroom.

"Morning, sunshine."

I yelp faintly and jerk backwards, not-so-gracefully tumbling out of bed. I get tangled in the blanket but manage to escape as the memories from last night come flooding back. 

Spike is barely containing his laughter.

And then he starts chuckling into his hand.

"Shut up!" I snap, which only makes his cocky smile broaden. 

I groan, pulling down the oversized t-shirt hanging off my body that smells like Spike. I am definitely stealing this. 

Ugh, I can't believe I just fell out of his bed.

His bed.

Oh fuck. So... that happened. 

"What is it, pet?"

"Hum?" I dismiss, sitting on the edge of the bed. He comes closer, kissing the side of my head before slipping off the bed to pick up the blanket.

"Ugh!" I cover my eyes, "You're naked."

"Yeah?" he questions, unbothered, "You didn't seem to mind last night."

A flashback makes me blush beetroot red and I bite my tongue.

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚      +.*+..。*

While he's occupied with changing, I escape to the bathroom. Of course, there's no mirror in here, so I can only presume that I look a mess with morning breath and dishevelled hair. I open the cabinets in search for a toothbrush and luckily find an unopened one right at the back. I flip open Spike's toothpaste and hear a quick rap on the door. 

"You okay?" Spike calls and I open the door to him. 

"Yeah, just brushing my teeth. Hope it's okay if I use this?" I hold the brush up with my best persuasive smile.

His mouth quirks up into a smile before he grabs his own brush.

I pass him the toothpaste.

Brushing your teeth with someone after spending the night is weirdly intimate. It feels like looking through a crystal orb into a strange, out of reach reality where Sunnydale is a normal town; where people in Sunnydale can have normal lives. The white picket fence and all. Maybe not for Spike - 'bloody dangerous' - but you get what I mean.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but when I steal a glance at Spike, he looks like he may be thinking the same. And I like that thought. 

I spit into the sink.

"Hey, arseface?" 

"Yeah?"

"Wanna be my boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."