Spike Imagine - Cuddling and...

Christmassy imagine!! Merry Christmas + Happy Holidays all! <3

Spike and I have been chatting for an hour or so in his chilly crypt. As it's four days to Christmas, it's freezing in here, but of course there's no central heating. I've tucked myself in Spike's relatively warm bed because the duvet's thick, and he eyes me jealously from the armchair.

I can't take his wistful stares any longer. I say with a sigh, "Oh come on then."

"Huh?"

"Get in," I pull the duvet aside, already regretting it as cold air makes my hair stand on end. He gets up and gives me a thankful nod, slipping under the sheets. 

Surprisingly, it isn't weird. You'd think sharing a bed with someone so insanely hot would make you nervous, but Spike and I are practically best friends considering the amount of time we spend together and the stuff we tell each other. I really do love him as a friend, and maybe a little more than that, but I'd never admit that to the Scoobies, let alone Spike. 

He shifts to get comfortable, and we both lay side by side, on our backs. 

"Are you still coming to Buffy's for Christmas?" I ask. 

"Yup, if you'll still have me," Spike replies. 

A smile spreads across my face as I imagine what it's going to be like. Spike has never been too welcome at the Summers' residence, but this year I've convinced Buffy to invite him. She was reluctant at first but gave in eventually. 

"I honestly can't wait." I turn to face Spike and my smile grows wider. I shiver a little, because it's still quite cold and Spike notices.

"Are you cold?" Spike asks with concern in his voice.

"A little," I reply, pulling the duvet up to my neck. Spike smiles and when his eyes meet mine, I feel so weird and floaty. 

"Come here," he says.

"Are you offering to cuddle with me?" I ask disbelievingly, faking a shocked expression. It soon morphs into a smirk though, as Spike looks uncomfortable. 

"For warmth." he states. Spike's a vampire, it's not like he radiates body heat, but I don't bother pointing this out. I nod and shimmy closer - the blush burning my cheeks is enough to heat me up.

Spike holds me close; his arms feel heavy and comforting around me. I sigh contently, and suddenly realise that Spike can probably hear my racing heart. I wasn't nervous before but being this close to him is doing things to me. 

Spike feels me tense up and says, "What's wrong, love?" 

Being so near each other, he talks softly, and I can feel the vibrations of his voice in his chest. I feel my cheeks redden for a second time. 

"I knew you'd be able to sense my heartbeat and it made me feel self-conscious." 

"Why?" he asks, and I look up at him. I don't dare move.

"Because I know it is beating really fast."

"And why is that?"

I swallow and Spike observes me calmly. I clench my jaw and continue to look at him, but don't respond.

"Is it because you're enjoying the proximity but wish we could be a little closer?" he suggests it playfully, with a small smirk.

"I don't think we could get much closer." I breathe, and I feel Spike's hand slip from my shoulder down to my waist. 

His hand grazes the skin of my hip, sending a swarm of butterflies to spasm in my stomach. 

"I could think of one way." he whispers. His hand travels further up until he meets the soft fabric of my bralette.

"Spike," I whisper.

He whispers my name back to me and the sound makes it almost impossible to not bring my lips to his. I dismissed my little crush on him because I thought nothing would come of it in a million years. But now, he's being so flirtatious, so openly, it's hard to ignore the fact that he wants to take my top off. 

What the hell am I doing? I'm lying in Spike's bed, inches away from the vampire himself and I think he's about to kiss me. 

I'm right. He slowly brings his head down so that our noses touch. He hesitates, waiting for me to say something. Instead, I'm the one to kiss him. 

It's like my brain is full of fireworks as he kisses me back passionately. He pushes me gently onto my back again and hovers over me, all with our lips still connected. I gasp for air in the second we break away, but then he's kissing me again as if he'll never have another opportunity to do so.

It's so heated, so raw and nothing like anything I've ever experienced. As much as I hate to, I know I have to stop myself before things go too far.

I pull away and stare into Spike's icy blue eyes.

"I'm feeling a lot warmer," I smile and Spike can't hold back a laugh.