Willow Imagine - Sensitive

"Why are you crying?"

You sniff, embarrassed.

"My favourite character just died..."

You shield your reddening face with your hands. "Sorry, I'm being stupid!"

"No you're not!" Willow smiles.

"I am!" you laugh, throwing a pillow at her.

You were sitting peacefully, crossed legged, on the end of your bed until J.K Rowling decided to kill off your favourite character. 

"Wait, which book is that?" Willow asks, looking up from her laptop. She stops typing up her homework and spins the chair around. "Oh. Deathly Hallows? Not a happy book."

"Nope." you agree, wiping your rosy face.

Willow gets up and leaps onto your bed to join you. Slotting your bookmark between two pages, you set the book down and shimmy over to your girlfriend. She wraps you into a loving hug, smelling of tea, perfume and magic. 

"Did you just sniff my hair?"

"No." you lie. "It's the sniffs from the crying!"

"Ha. The sniffs." she smiles. "Why don't I make some hot chocolate and then we can chill out? I've basically finished my homework."

"Nooo," you moan, "I don't want you to go."

"I'll just be on the other side of the room -"

"No, stay here and snuggle!"

"Fine." she huffs, pretending to be annoyed. She lays back into the various pillows that litter your bed. You relax beside her, intertwining your fingers. 

"Isn't it weird how attached we get to fictional characters?" you ask, looking up at the ceiling.

With a swish of her fingers, Willow closes the curtains so the room darkens. "Kind of. But... books are such a great source of comfort when there is no one in reality that's there for you."

"It's not that though. I have you."

"Yeah, I know," she says, kissing your forehead, "But, well, that was the case for me in middle school. I had Xander but... sometimes I couldn't bare to hang out with him."

"Cuz he's annoying?"

"Cuz I had a massive crush on him! Anyway, these characters were like my friends. I sound really sad, don't I? Lonely weeping Willow." 

"No, Will. I get it. Before I met you and came to Sunnydale, I was the same. My friend group consisted of my mum, Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley."

"The classics." she remarks. 

"Will?"

"Yeah?"

"Love you."

"I love you too,  y/n."

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, comment, follow etc 😙