Tara Imagine - Cute

"I think I'm slowly falling in love with you."

Her gaze doesn't tear away from your palm like you thought it would. Someone confessing their love for you must be more interesting than palm reading, right? You see Tara blink slowly, her hands still cradling your hand, her eyes now closed.

When she looks up the whole world stops. Those eyes.. all the emotion in them speaks louder than any words.

"You're falling in love with me?" Her words are no more than a whisper and your heart is pounding, as if pleading for release.

"Yes." You can feel sweat pricking at your skin, and a sudden doubt swelling in your chest. Was this the right thing to do? Should I have said anything at all?

The silence is killing you. So you break it, "Tara?"

Her head jerks, looking at a spot behind you. "I'm sorry. I just don't know what to say. I didn't think you would... I didn't think you'd ever..."

You turn your palm over so that now you hold her hand. The movement is so subtle, so gentle, but so important.

Tara finishes, "I didn't think you could feel the same way about me as I do about you."

You swallow. You exhale a breath you didn't know you'd been holding. Your heart won't stop slamming against your ribcage.

"So what does this mean?" You dare to ask.

Her smile grows slowly, it inches up to crinkle her eyes and you can't help smiling back. You just stare like that, for a moment or so, lost in each other's beauty.

You drop your head and laugh lightly. Tara grazes your cheek with her soft fingertips, bringing your face back up to her. You place your fingers over hers, pressing her touch into your skin, wishing you could stay like this forever. Her thumb brushes over your lips and then she's leaning closer. She's leaning in so close, closer than you've ever been brave enough to, so close you can smell her floral perfume. Your eyes flutter shut at the exact moment she kisses you. It feels magical, literally. It's so soft and caring.

She pulls back, smiling.

You both jump, as if waking up from a deep sleep suddenly - a bell rings, signifying a customer to The Magic Box. It's only Giles.

"Hello, girls." he greets, barely looking at you as he heads straight to the back rooms.

"Hey Giles," you manage, your voice raspy so you cough to adjust it.

Once he's out of sight, you exchange glances with Tara and both giggle. You can't believe your luck.