Spike Imagine - Dress Up

short and sweet Spike fluff 4 u all (happy halloween)! i've got another Spike imagine in the works so stay tuned :))

Halloween is the one night a year when the creatures of Sunnydale take the day off. It's the rules. It's a holiday that they used to revel in, being free to go out in all their scaly, warty or fangy glory, but now its become so commercialised, it's depressing. 

That's why Spike is currently lounging on his sofa with a mug of tea in hand, ready to watch The Great Pumpkin.

"Y/N! You've got five minutes!" he watches the ads, waiting patiently for the film (and his girlfriend). He wonders what she's doing in the bathroom because it's been a while and he hasn't heard the shower running.

A moment later, she steps out of the bathroom with a grin plastered on her face. 

Spike looks up and almost spits out his tea. He swallows it quick, burning his throat, and raises his eyebrows at the display in front of him. 

Y/N looks like him, but with cuter hair. A tight, black t-shirt hugs her torso, she wears black jeans with a silver-buckled belt and a thin, red over-shirt. Spike's duster jacket drapes over her shoulders and she says with a smile, "What do you think?"

Spike stares, stunned, so she puts a hand on her hip. "What? You don't like my costume?"

She comes over to him and does a little spin. 

"Your costume?" he says, sitting up and placing his tea on the table. He puts a hand on her hip to draw her closer and she pouts. "I mean, yes, very accurate."

She pulls back from him a little, planting her feet on the ground and states in a mimic of Spike's accent - "What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."

Spike cringes and looks away, "Stop!" he whines, embarrassed.

She chuckles mischievously and shakes herself, preparing for the next impression, "I'm Spike, bloody hell!"

"Ok, that was rubbish. Come sit down," he tells her, "Film's about to start."

She takes off the jacket with a smirk and throws it out of the way. She climbs onto the sofa, sitting inbetween Spike's legs so she can lean back on his chest. 

"I even painted my nails." she says, wiggling her black fingernails at him. He takes them in his hands and kisses them.

"You're strange." he whispers, just as the film begins.

"You love it." 

"I do." he smiles fondly, pulling her closer and dropping his shoulders. "Pass my tea, love?"

She does, careful not to spill it, and takes some candy off the table too, popping it into her mouth. 

Halloween may not be the most exciting time of year for the vampires, but they like it just the way it is.