Buffy Imagine - I Know

just some badly written fluff for you all <3 

I hate Snyder. Everyone hates Snyder.

I especially hate him today because he's tasked me and my friends with putting up anti-bullying posters all around the school. And, of course, he shoved the wad of paper into my hands in the hallway - so I had no way of backing out - and expects it to be done by tomorrow.

He's a wanker, as Spike would say.

I sigh as I watch the clock strike four, resenting my headmaster more and more by the second.

"We're nearly done," Willow tries to lift our spirits, waving her ten remaining flyers. "Why don't Xander and I take the science block, and you two take English?"

"Ok," I agree, giving Buffy a smile. She smiles back and we split ways.

My heart immediately starts picking up. I hate how Buffy has this effect on me, I've had a crush on her for ages now but have been too cowardly to say anything.

I'm pretty sure she's still into Angel, although they broke up, and I don't want to ruin our friendship above all else.

Just as we're about to start climbing the stairs to the English classrooms, Buffy stops abruptly.

"I know you like me."

My heart drops and panic washes over me.

"What?"

"I know you like me," she repeats almost casually. There's a slight uncertainty in her voice, but the smirk on her lips hides it pretty well. "Willow told me."

"Willow  told you?" I can't believe it! Willow is usually so trustworthy, why would she do this? 

"Yeah, well. Only because I asked her."

My mouth moves faster than my brain as I blurt out, "Why did you ask her?"

Buffy shrugs, "I wanted to know if you'd be interested in going out this Friday."

My heart stops. Time stops. The earth stops spinning. 

"What?"

"I'm serious."

"I'd love to!" Blood rushes to my cheeks at my way too enthusiastic response. Buffy only grins, enjoying how flustered I am. I nervously laugh and drop my gaze.

"Cool. I'll pick you up at 7."

We finish up with the posters, my face on fire the entire time, and I hear Xander call us from down the corridor.

Willow and Xander join us and Willow whispers loudly to Buffy, "Did you do it?"

Buffy nods and Willow grins. "I'm rooting for you two!"