Tara Imagine - Taking care of you

'Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up.' you chant inside your head. You stare at the bathroom door, as if your pure willing will make it fly open. Tara's taking her sweet time in there.

She emerges a few seconds later, hair wet and pyjamas on.

"Sorry!" you shout as you push past her and slam the door behind you. You're sick into the toilet, the noise disgusting and smell nauseating.

"Y/n!" Tara yells, her voice full of concern, knocking on the door.

You wash your hands and swill your mouth out with water. 

"I'm coming in!" 

Before she can, you open the door and give her a sheepish smile. "Sorry Tara. I-"

"Honey, you have nothing to be sorry about!" She hugs you, gently, and pulls back to feel your forehead. "You're burning up. How long have you felt sick? Sit down. Have you eaten? I'll get some water. Actually, lie down. Get under the covers."

She ushers you over to her bed, ignoring your feeble protests. You slip under the duvet and feel immediately better as you sink into the fluffy pillows. "I'm fine." You ignore the definite croak in your voice. "It's just a bug."

"I don't care. Let me take care of you." A smile creeps onto your lips as you watch your girlfriend grab a drink from the refrigerator and bring it over to you. "Drink up." she commands lovingly. 

"Tara, I'm-"

"Shh! Drink the whole thing." 

You take a big gulp and almost throw up again. "What the -?" Whatever she gave you was definitely not water. 

"It'll settle your stomach." she smiles knowingly. "It's a simple remedy." 

You take a deep breath to prepare yourself for the grotesque concoction. You swallow it all and grimace. 

"Well done," Tara remarks, getting into the covers beside you.

"I'll get you sick too," you warn, but make no effort to stop her.

"I don't care." she whispers. 

Tara starts stroking your hair and you lean into her touch. You settle so that your head rests on her chest. You focus on her heartbeat and sync your breathing with hers. You feel your eyelids begin to feel heavy so you let them close. Before you know it, you can hear Tara's light snores - she's fallen asleep. 

"I love you." you whisper, as you too drift off to sleep.