Willow Imagine - Vamp Attack

When I accepted that I liked Willow as 'more than a friend', I wanted to throw up in a mixture of excitement and disgust.

I know it sounds bad, but internalised homophobia is a bitch, and it took me ages to come to terms with the fact that I like girls. More specifically, a girl: Willow Rosenberg.

"Hey, Will!" I shout, beckoning her from across the school hallway. She waves and approaches, weaving through a couple of stray students. We both had separate extra lessons, so darkness has descended over a wintry Sunnydale already. 

She tucks her hair behind her ears and smiles, "Hey! I missed you in physics, I had to work with Larry!" she complains.

"Sorry, but you know I need more help with French," I defend myself, a playful smile on my lips.

"Tu es assez nul en francais (you are quite bad at french)."

"Hey! I understand that much!" 

She laughs and turns, "We're going to Buffy's, right?"

"Yup." I follow her and our footsteps sync. I sigh softly to myself - if only I had enough nerve to tell her how I feel. We step out into the chilly evening air and Willow inhales sharply.

"Why's it so cold?"

"Take my jacket," I offer immediately, shrugging it off. 

"No, no, it's okay," she insists but I can see her teeth chattering. I drape my leather jacket over her shoulders and she whispers an embarrassed thanks.

"Don't mention it." 

We carry on, chatting about school and stuff, but when we pass the cemetery, I freeze. Something feels off. 

"Y/n...?"

I don't respond, scanning my surroundings. I don't see anything apart from looming trees, shiny parked cars, and the big metal gates that lead to the graveyard.  

"You're kinda freaking me out," Willow says, jabbing me in the ribs.

I blink, "Yeah, sorry. Thought I heard something."

"Ok, well-"

"WILLOW!" She stumbles as someone charges into her. She lands - hard - on the concrete and the stocky vamp then turns to me. She lets out a pained moan, lifting herself gingerly from the floor. 

The vamp snarls and I take a large stride backward. I knew something bad was going to happen - of course it's a vamp who's a head taller than me and has arms like tree trunks. He takes one bound forward, licking his lips and eyeing me like I'm a piece of meat.

He swings and I block, just how Buffy taught me. He punches again and this time I'm not so quick: I fall backwards with a thud. My hands take most of the damage, gravel wedging itself in the soft skin. I hiss, but before I can do anything more, the vampire slaps me across the face.

He reaches down with a giant hand, wrapping his long fingers around my neck. He jerks my head upwards and leans in for the lethal bite. "Willow!" I manage to splutter, and I feel the fangs grace my exposed neck. 

Instead of a stabbing pain in my jugular, I get a face full of dust. I open my eyes, and my gaze darts from Willow to the wooden stake clutched in her pale hand. 

She helps me up and her glossy eyes connect with mine. "Thanks," I whisper.

"I thought..." she begins, voice breaking. I tilt my head and give her a small smile, before hugging her. 

"It's okay, Will," I say into her hair, "We're okay."

She pulls back and stares at me. A single tear trickles down her cheek and I brush it away with the pad of my thumb. It's only then I properly realise how close she is to me. Normally, I'd be completely awkward, but now all I can think about is how much I want to kiss her.

I swallow. She blinks. My heart threatens to break out of my chest. 

And she kisses me

Is that an awkward place to end it? Yolo. Remember to vote, comment etc (hope you're enjoying!)