Spike Imagine - Crop Top

Spike's POV

"I got you something," she smiles, tossing me her favourite tote bag. She flops onto our bed that I'm reading on and looks at me expectantly. I put down the book and peer into the bag.

"What is this?"

"A crop top." 

"You're joking."

"Nope."

I laugh as I unfold the black material. I try not to show my apprehension on my face, but I must fail as she says uncertainly, "I - I don't know, I thought you'd look good in it."

"Are these like... a thing?"

"Yeah! I mean, they're in lots of shops. I think 'cus Will Smith wore one on Fresh Prince. They're in style." she reassures me, still staring at my face. I've seen millions of fads come and go, but have never been interested in the prospect of crop tops. I tilt my head to one side - as much as I love my regular shirts, I can't say no to her.

"I'll try it," I say, pulling my shirt over my head to replace it with this shorter one. I pull it down as far is it will go, feeling ridiculous. 

Sparks alight in her eyes. "Stand up!" she says gleefully with a clap of her hands, so I do. She sucks in a breath and holds it. "You look so hot."

That makes me pause. "Really?" I ask, looking down at my bare stomach. I suppose it does show off my abs... 

She practically squeals as she says "Yeah, honestly. Ahhhh. I am so attracted to you right now."

"Is that so?" I smirk and she melts, lying back onto our bed. I take the opportunity to walk over to her side, looking down at her blushing cheeks. "Hello."

"Hi." She covers her mouth with her hands. Blinks a couple of times. Her eyes dart from my eyes to my stomach, then back up. "My boyfriend's so hot." she mutters, mostly to herself, but I appreciate the comment. I bite my lower lip - something I know she loves - and take a step back. 

"I think I'm gonna wear these more often. You know, around the house. Every day."

"You can't," she says, tone alarmed. She jerks up into a sitting position, "I'll explode. Or die. Or both."

"So dramatic..." I tut, biting back a grin. 

She groans. "You're so annoy-" I cut her off with a kiss, something that never fails to make her flustered. As predicted, she turns even redder - she's so cute, and I can't resist pushing her buttons (it's too easy). 

"Spiiiike," she whines, smiling now too. I kiss her quick and she kisses me back. "I love you."

I kiss the tip of her nose. "Love you more."