Tara Imagine - Confessing

She caught your eye from the moment she stepped into that physics classroom.

A year later, she still makes you nervous when she smiles at you in the corridor. She still makes your cheeks flood with blush when she says 'hello'. 

You really are under her spell.

"Tara, hey!" you smile. "Are you doing anything tonight? I really need help with this English homework."

"Sure. You can come round to mine at 8?"

"Great!"

After months of building up the courage, today is the day you're going to tell her these feelings you've been bottling up. 

-------------------

In her bedroom, you both lay on the bed with countless books spread out around you. You can't concentrate any longer.

"Tara?" you ask, catching her gaze.

"Hum?" You look deeply into her grey-blue eyes. 

"I-." You take a deep breath, pausing slightly, "I really like hanging out with you. But- but lately, I've just always wanted to be around you. Do... do you get what I mean?"

She pauses.

"Yeah..." she says quietly, casting her eyes down. 

"I think that I want to be more than your friend." you blurt out before the moment passes. 

You look at Tara's shy face: her cheeks redden bashfully. She looks up and before you can even react, she gently kisses you.

Electricity sparks through you, connecting you. You kiss her back as the kiss grows. Your hands are in her hair. She's struggling for air. 

Pulling away, she whispers, "It's always been you."

You stare at her, lips tingling, chest rising and falling rapidly. Fighting the urge to kiss her perfect lips again, you stand and smirk. "I- I'm gonna go. See you tomorrow. I can't - I'm so-. Ok, bye!" you babble awkwardly. The last thing you see is Tara's familiar side-grin before dashing off down the stairs, out the door, and back home.