Scoobies Imagine - A New Scooby pt2

I've know Buffy and the gang for a fortnight now and they have made me feel so welcome. 

It feels strange to say that they're my friends. 

It's even stranger to say that the graveyard is my hangout location of choice. 

Waiting here alone will still take some getting used to, though. I check my watch - I'm only ten minutes early so they'll be here soon.

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?"

I almost jump out of my skin at the loud, British voice that breaks the silence. I spot a tall figure approaching my bench and I freeze. 

"Don't worry," he says, hands up in a surrender, "I don't bite."

I let out a nervous chuckle, still scared out of my wits, but I don't stop him from sitting on the other end of my bench. 

"Do - do you go to school here?" I stammer. The moonlight isn't too telling, but he might be young enough to be a student. He's quite attractive, with clear skin, a sharp jawline and a mysterious scar on his left eyebrow.

Man, I am such a sucker for the bad-boy type.

"Nah, just visiting. I know someone who goes to Sunnydale High though. Buffy's her name."

"You know Buffy?" I turn to face him, the knot in my stomach fading because he's a friend of Buffy's.

"Yeah. Smart cookie. Slippery. A little ditzy."

"Did you say slippery?"

"What?" he turns to face me fully and his face breaks into a charming smile, "My, I don't want to sound out of line, but you are very pretty."

I know I'm blushing as red as a rose right now. I swallow and try to formulate a response when I hear a shrill giggle from the entrance of the cemetery.

Instinctively, I glower at Cordelia and her posse, presumably on their way to The Bronze. In their short skirts and excessive high-heels, I can hear them gossiping from here! It brings back memories I'm not too fond of. 

"Alright, who don't we like?" The man says quietly, following my gaze.

I self-consciously try to control my scowl. "That's Cordelia."

"Cordelia. She sounds like a bitch."

"She is." 

I look back at him and we exchange a glance. I can't help letting out a quiet laugh at how bizarre this interaction is.

"I'm Y/N, by the way."

"Spike," he replies. "Oh, and I lied about the not biting bit."

In a sickening second, his brow protrudes and his canines grow into sharp fangs. A breath catches in my throat as I spring from my seat, taking a single step before Spike grabs my shoulders. He spins me until we're face to face. He wears a grossly smug smile as I tremble beneath his touch.

A weak whimper escapes my lips.

"Shush now pet, I promise it won't hurt." 

Gently, he brushes my hair from my neck, staring greedily at the exposed flesh. 

He scrapes his teeth lightly over my pulse point, whispering "I'll only have a taste; me and the missus have bigger plans for you."

"S- Spike?"

"Yes?"

"Duck." 

The plank of wood collides with the back of Spike's skull with a deafening crack, his body falling limp onto me. We tumble to the floor and I desperately push him off me. I scramble across the grass to create some distance, and then Xander is helping me to my feet. 

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Don't thank me, thank the Buffster." Xander smiles. I sniff loudly and Xander pulls me in for a hug. I take a deep breath, focusing on how the cool air feels in my lungs, which calms me down a bit. 

"Are you okay?" Buffy asks, running over to me.

I engulf her in a hug.