Spike Imagine - Why didn't you tell me?

The pain in your side is unbelievable. It has been two days since the unfortunate incident with that vampire. You were patrolling alone in the graveyard when you got bombarded by a gang of vamps. One managed to throw you into a fence, creating a gash at the side of your stomach.

It wasn't deep, even though it hurt like hell. You tried your best to fix it up but the pain hasn't subsided. 

You stand in the Magic Box, covering Anya's shift, when a familiar face walks into the shop.

You smile - it's Spike.

"Hi, love."

"Hey, Spike."

He comes up to you and leans over the counter, planting a kiss on your cheek. When he pulls away, his expression shifts, his smile disappearing. His eyes darken and he says in a low voice, "What happened?"

A chill runs through you. "What? Nothing! I'm fine."

He doesn't take his eyes off you. You go over to the table and take a seat. You don't let the flicker of pain show on your face. 

Spike follows, sitting next to you. With his body turned close to yours, he says, "You don't have to lie to me."

You don't reply, but instinctively, your eyes look down to your injury. He follows your gaze and reaches out with his cold hand. Slowly, allowing you time to stop him, he lifts up your shirt. "Who did this to you?" he asks through gritted teeth.

"Spike..." you start.

"Y/n, this looks serious."

"It's not that bad."

"Not that bad? Are we looking at the same thing?"

His concern makes your heart feel heavy. Your face begins to crinkle.

"Why didn't you tell me?" the vampire asks, resting his hand on top of yours.

"It's nothing. I didn't want to be a burden."

"If you didn't want to be a burden, you should have let me know straight away. I'm taking you to a doctor." his voice is soft, yet full of determination. He gives you a reassuring smile, before taking your hand and helping you up.