Xander Imagine - Dork

"Hey Xanax! You coming to lunch?" you call at Xander from the other end of the corridor. 

"Yeah! I gotta get something from my locker first."

As soon as you're about to leave, you see Cordelia approach him.

You can't help but roll your eyes as you watch her flirt with Xander. Again.

You try not to let it get to you, but it's almost a daily occurrence now. She does it subtly but you know her intentions. A flick of her hair, an innocent smirk, a brush to his shoulder.

It ignites a fire in you.

She knows full well that you've liked him for years. 

Fighting the urge to butt into their conversation, you head into the canteen and take a seat. The stench of school dinners waft through the air but you ignore it. To distract yourself, you pull out a bulky laptop and start to a type up a To Do list.

You double check over your shoulder that nobody is around - your corner of the cafeteria is empty. 

'Weds 15th May
Buy more tampons, history homework, call Grandma. Also, it's the 4th time Cordy has flirted with Xander this week - write in diary. Then maybe cry in shower. '

The clicks of the keyboard become louder as your annoyance grows. Consumed by your emotions, you almost don't hear the deliberate cough from somebody behind you.

Instinctively, you snap your computer shut and whirl round fast than you could say 'Cordelia's a bitch'. A faint gasp escapes your lips and your hand flies up to your mouth.

Xander doesn't say anything. His expression is a mixture of shock and bemusement. 

After a long moment, he asks "It bothers you that Cordelia talks to me?" as he takes the seat opposite you.

You take a shaky breath before replying carefully: "It bothers me how much you like her."

"I don't like her." he states plainly, looking into your eyes. You feel your cheeks begin to redden.

You drop his gaze.

"Y/n?" 

You look back up. 

"I don't like her." he repeats and you feel as if your heart is about to burst out of your chest.

"You don't?" you ask, the ghost of a smile crossing your lips.

"No, of course not!"

"Is... Is there anyone you do like?" you ask shyly. You can't even believe you just said that. Regret bubbles inside you. You open your mouth to take back your question but Xander speaks up.

"There's this one girl that's pretty cool. But she always calls me Xanax so I don't know. It's pretty annoying."

You're certain your heart has stopped beating altogether. He continues: "She's kinda a smart-ass too. But she's hot."

You snort. 

"I was thinking of asking her out. Do you think she'd say yes?"

"Urm, I think she probably would."

Xander grins, "Do you know if she'll be free tomorrow at seven?"

"Definitely."

And with that, he stands up and walks out of the hall. When he thinks you can't see him, he punches the air. 

What a dork.