Vampire Willow - Bloodlust 🔥

Requested by @perculiarmage 
Hope you enjoy!! <3

Set in the Wishverse (VAMP WILLOW!!)

"Is this such a good idea?" Will whispers cautiously. 

"Probably not." I deadpan, walking a little faster. 

Willow and I hurry with linked arms through the streets of Sunnydale which have become increasingly dangerous - which is saying something, it's Sunnydale. It's only the early evening, but ever since Buffy wasn't able to stop The Master, vampires have just seemed to be... appearing. Everywhere. If you ask me, I think it's only a matter of time before everyone in this town is either dead or undead, if you know what I mean. 

We were supposed to leave the library before it got dark, but we were careless, losing track of time. So we have to pay the price of being scared half to death, just while walking home. 

"Did you hear that?" Will squeaks, gripping my arm tighter.

The action sends a jolt of electricity all the way through me but I ignore it, replying in my best attempt at optimism, "I'm sure it's nothing."

I lied. I heard it too. But I'd never let anything happen to Willow. I care about her way more than she could ever imagine... And it sounds again, unmissable this time: the sound of sinister, shuffling footsteps. 

Before my next breath, Willow is wrenched from my grasp and something heavy smashes into my legs. With a groan, I realise it's a vampire, pining me down on the concrete, large hand held tightly over my mouth. 

"What about this one?" he says to someone behind him.

"I don't know. Leave them. The Master only wants the witch." 

Without another word, the vamp's fist connects with my temple and everything goes black.

-------------

That was three days ago. Three days of constant worry, constant regret, wishing I could have helped her. The knowledge that she's gone, and I never got to tell her how I feel, eats away at me. 

Knock. 

It's gone ten.

Knock.

I should leave it.

Knock.

Why am I walking towards the door?

"Will?"

"Yeah."

"I'm so glad you're okay!"

Despite the relief that washes over me, my stomach turns at the sight of her. I bite my tongue because I am so close to saying "You look like death." It's the only way to describe the gloss of her eyes, her white as paper skin and the weird... energy consuming her. 

"Can I come in?"

I don't hesitant before saying "Yes." and taking her hand, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry." 

Willow tenses against me, and I pull away. She takes a step away from me and stalks off into my living room. I quickly follow, the knot in my stomach getting tighter when I find her staring at the wall, back towards me.

"Will?" 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here. What they did to me... you shouldn't have to see me like this."

"Will, you're scaring me." I breathe, reaching out my hand, but deciding to snatch it back before I touch her shoulder. If she doesn't tell me what's wrong in the next five seconds, I might combust.

"I've been going through... changes?"

I feel all the blood drain from my face and I have to dig my nails into my palm to feel something. I'm numb with fear because I'm not an idiot - I know what's happened.

"Will," I hate that I can't keep the fear out of my voice, "It's okay."

"And I don't hate it," she continues, "I feel stronger, braver... Parts of me that I never even acknowledged feel so natural..."

"Like what?" I ask. 

She shakes her head, turning to face me. "Y/N, I don't know what to do. I'm so hungry." 

She's not talking to me. She's talking to my neck, and I can feel my heart hammering against my ribcage. She can probably sense it beating too. 

"But I can't kill. But I... I..." 

"Need to." I finish for her. "You have to." I take a step towards her. Without another second to doubt myself, I lick my lips and offer: "Drink. Drink from me."

Willow lets out a short, humourless laugh, her green eyes piercing mine. "Don't be ridiculous."

"It's not like you have a choice," I insist, tucking my hair behind my ears. I see her wince as more of my neck becomes visible, her unease obvious. 

She sighs shakily. "I can't." 

"You need to. No offence, Will, but you don't look so good." I trace a finger lightly over my neck and Willow actually growls, face morphing into her vampire alter-ego.

I stare at her monstrous features in a mixture of awe and something else I can't quite place. There's a buzzing feeling, deep in my stomach, something between fear and anticipation. 

I hold my breath. She stares at me. I blink back. 

"Just don't... kill me, okay?" I chuckle nervously, and Will's eyes darken.

"I would never." she whispers. She's leaning in now, the temptation too much, and I can only screw my eyes shut. 

She places a delicate kiss on my neck before her fangs sink in. The sensation isn't as bad as expected, until she starts sucking and I feel my legs buckle. I hold onto her shoulders for dear life as she drinks deep from my neck. After a couple of seconds, the pain subsides, replaced by a feeling I can't really describe. 

...

Is it supposed to feel kind of nice? Her scent fills my nostrils, making my head spin, and the fact that she's so close... It's... 

I bite my lip.

She breaks away, flipping her beautiful red hair out of her face. Gently, she guides me to the couch but I shake my head. I'm not going to collapse, although I feel super strange and floaty. I watch her lick her lips slowly. 

"Willow..." I say, not really having an end to my sentence. My hands are still planted firmly on her shoulders, so I loosen my grip a little, but don't remove them. Willow tilts her head to the side, fingertips stroking my new puncture wounds with an apology in her eyes. I open my mouth to tell her it's okay, but she places a finger to my lips. I freeze as she leans in. 

This time, her lips are on my neck but it's a whole new sensation. With unnatural care, she licks over the bite-mark, removing the excess blood. She kisses the sensitive skin there and pulls back to look me in the eyes. Whatever she sees in my expression makes her smirk and attach her lips to my neck again, kissing me.

I groan. "Will..." 

"Yeah?" 

"What are you doing?"

"Do you want me to stop?" she asks.

"No."

"Good," she says.

I turn slightly, capturing her lips with my own. I feel her smirk against me. My mind is racing a mile a minute. My best friend (who I've been pining over for too long) is kissing me, and by the hunger in her lips, she wants to do a lot more. How is this my life? 

My fingers find her hair and she pulls my body closer by the hips. 

She pulls away for a moment, admiring my heaving chest and what I imagine is an embarrassingly red face. 

"You're so beautiful, Y/N. I've wanted to kiss you for so long, but have never had the nerve."

I smile, "Same."

"Good." she says for the second time, and her lips are on mine again.