Tara Imagine - Mistletoe

Season 4 and you're Buffy's sister <3

Tara and I bump into each other, when both trying to get into my living room. It's Christmas day and Joyce said that Buffy, Dawn and I could each invite a friend to dinner. Buffy invited Willow and Xander, because it would be unfair to make her choose, while Dawn invited this sweet, tall girl called Amanda. 

I chose to invite Tara. She's been my friend for a while now, and I've kind of developed a crush on her. I don't think anyone knows, but I sometimes catch Buffy smirking when I talk to her.

"Sorry!" Tara and I exclaim at the same time.

"You first," she says.

"No, you!" I reply.

She smiles that awkward, adorable side-grin that I love so much.

"Hey guys! Mistletoe!" Buffy's voice calls from the couch. She meets my eyes and smiles too brightly, while I feel my cheeks flush red. I turn to look at Tara, and her cheeks are as pink as I imagine mine to be. 

"Well, I'm a stickler for tradition," I try to sound casual, shrugging my shoulders. 

"Me too," she whispers, but she doesn't move.

So I do. I lean in and kiss her lips gently. When I pull away, I feel like I might die, knowing Buffy just watched the whole thing.

Tara smiles at me, then looks down, "I - I'll go help set the t-table." and rushes through to the kitchen. 

"If it makes you feel any better," Buffy grins, "I looked away."