Spike Imagine - Comfort

✨ If you like Spike, maybe check out my story 'Cheekbones' !! ✨

"You could at least knock!"

You march into Spike's crypt and plonk yourself down into the only armchair. You rub your eyes with the back of your knuckles. You let out a sigh before raising your head to look at him.

"Slayer giving you trouble, eh?" Spike asks. He stands in the kitchen area of the crypt, getting something out of the mini-fridge.

"No, it's Xander." you say gloomily, "We may or may not have gotten into a fight."

"Oh. I thought you broke up with that nit ages ago."

"Yes, I did. It was an argument about him wanting his stuff back. I think he was offended by how keen I was to give everything back - it was cluttering up my apartment."

Spike's a good friend to you. You often come to him when life as the slayer's best friend is stressing you out, or when you need a shoulder to cry on. He might not look like it, but he's not all bad.

The vampire chuckles. "Well. Do you know what always makes me feel better?"

"Booze?" you say jokingly. Spike looks disappointed by your sarcasm when he turns around with a bottle of beer in each hand. "I could go for some booze." you grin.

You thank him as he hands you a bottle.

A few drinks later, you both end up sitting on the edge of his bed, just talking. The alcohol has definitely gone to your head a little bit.

"His eyes are so beady! You've noticed right? He looks like a creepy little bug with shoulders that are too big for his body!"

You have another drink.

"And - and," you hiccup, "He always leaves the toilet seat up. He's totally obsessed with Buffy too, oh I wonder what Buffy's doing or oooh, isn't Buffy cool?"

And another.

"Spike, you know you're not actually a bad guy. You have pretty hair."

"Yeah?" Spike smiles.

"Yeah! I mean, you always talk to me when Buffy's busy or Xander's annoying. And you smell really good."

Spike laughs and you lay back onto his bed.

"I like you, Spike. You're nice." You drunkenly say, looking up at the ceiling.

"I like you too, y/n." Spike gets up from the bed and pulls the blanket over you. "I'm always free if the activity is going to be slagging off Xander."

You laugh as you cosy up into the warm blanket. You whisper a thank you before drifting off to sleep. Spike smiles to himself before settling into the armchair.

Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote/comment/follow and stuff :)