Chapter 19

Minasa Takashi

Mikey led me to the courtyard where I found no one. Initially, I thought I would see Brother and the guys but no one's here and I'm glad they aren't especially Brother. I can't imagine how he would react if he sees me in this condition.

Mikey places his hand on the small of my back which sent tingles down my spine as he carefully guided me to the vine-wrapped bench and sat me down. After he did, he sat next to me and let out a heavy sigh.

Having Mikey close to me after what happened during the weekend is pretty awkward. Given the fact we haven't talked since. We avoided each other so much yesterday so.. I think that makes a lot of sense.

I couldn't help but look at him though. He was in a slouched position, his elbows on the top of the bench, his head thrown back and his eyes were closed. Once again, his hair dancing to the rhythm the autumn wind created.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes and looked at me. I shrieked inwardly, caught by surprise. I quickly looked away and grabbed the hem of my skirt, blushing very hard. He always catches me staring at him. This is the third time now.

Still looking at the pattern of my skirt, I hesitantly asked, "Um..w-why did y-you br-bring me out h-here?"

"So you could get yourself. I just thought you needed time away from the tension back there." He shrugged and crossed his arms, still not looking at me. Oh..we're at it. The avoiding game. I see.

I nodded, "Oh..right. Thank you." He's right. I needed time away from the drama Makoto's sister caused. I needed time to regain my composure. I just needed to be away from the chaos that happened. I'm sure the news has spread now.

He glanced at me and smiled, "You're welcome." He sighed and looked up at the sky "You didn't deserve it. At all."

I looked down, "I know."

We stayed silent for a moment and the awkwardness returned in a flash. Seriously?

"Mikey? You really aren't going to hurt him are you?" I asked in worry.

"No. As long as his bitch of a sister doesn't harass you again." He says bitterly.

"But she was just angry and hurt.." I say but stopped as soon as I spotted Mikey glaring at me.

"Angry? Hurt? So the only way she could vent it out was by hitting you?" He asked as his pupils shrank in pure anger. He then scoffed, "I don't get it. Firstly, you defend that ass and now you're defending his sister? Seriously Mina, I don't know why you do this."

To be frank, I don't know why I do this either.

"I'm sorry." I choke out, my eyes watering. I really need to get a grip of myself. I have to stop crying in front of Mikey or he'll think I'm some baby.

"No." Mikey shook his head and cupped my flushed cheeks in his palms, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have talked to you like that." He caresses them gently and smiles, "I'm just upset with the whole shit."

I stare at his beautiful black eyes which held remorse and get lost in them again. Those mysterious obsidian orbs hold a lot of emotions I just can't understand. It feels like Mikey is going through something that's beyond him. I get the feeling he's burdened in some way. I don't know what it is and it sucks.

He caressed my hurting cheek softly, "Does it still hurt?" He asked in concern.

It was before but now, I feel relieved. With just a touch, he took paining sting away. I don't feel it anymore. At least not that much though.

I slowly shook my head, "No. Not at all."

He let go of me and sighed in relief, "Phew, I was getting a little worried."