Chapter 22

Minasa Takashi

"Nope nope..ah perfect." I smile as I take a romance novel out of one of the hundred shelves in the library. After hours of searching through big old history books and encyclopedias, I finally found a novel. A romance novel to be exact.

Our tests are over for the week so basically we have nothing to do other than meet with friends and have a good time before the weekend starts. That's why I decided to go to the library to pick a book. To be honest, those tests were harder than I thought they would be.

I don't have anything to do over the weekend so why not busy myself with a very old but intriguing book.

Her Husband's Mistress.

I walked over to the librarian's desk to check myself out. I placed the novel on the desk and cleared my throat, "Excuse me..sir."

The aging librarian who had a long gray beard and glasses on the bridge of his crooked nose shut the book he was reading and looked up at me with a frown, "Yes..how may I help you?" He answered, sounding irritated.

I glanced at the golden name plaque that had his name engraved on it. Mr. Hanson. Very sophisticated name I must say

"Mr Hanson, I borrowed this book." I say, sliding the novel to him, "I'll return it when I'm done with it."

He took the novel and studied it for a bit, "How old are you?" He asked.

I gulped, "Uh..16?"

"Young lady, aren't you too young to read these kinds of novels?" He asked. His voice full of judgment.

I became sweaty, "Uh.." My mind void of any response.

He sighed and slid the book back to me, "Well, it's your choice I suppose." He shook his head and opened a book which had a pen in it.

"Write your name and sign." He instructs. I saw a long list of names and signatures so I did what I was told.

"Thank you sir." I smile taking the novel and walked out of the library.

Feeling excited, I skipped to my locker and opened it, taking out my bags and my books.

"Mina!" I heard someone yell my name and turned to see Takemichi running towards me. He had a big smile on his face. When he approached me, he stopped to catch his breath.

"Hi Takemichi." I greet sweetly.

"Hey, I have wonderful news." He grins.

"What is it?" I asked, eagerly exicted to hear what he has to say.

"Well..Mr Chun called me to his office and told me I performed excellently well in my test!" He yelled happily.

My eyes widened as well as my smile, "Really?! That's wonderful news!"

"Yeah!" He laughed, "I'm so happy!"

"Wow, Takemichi-kun." Someone says and our heads snapped to a petite redhead.

Hina.

Takemichi's smile disappeared as he visibly tensed up. He frowned at her, "What are you doing here Hina?"

Do they know each other? Or..could it be that he's the boy Emma and Hina were arguing about the other day?

"First it was Emma, and now it's her." She says with a scowl thrown at me, "How shameless can you be?" She taunted.

"Stop it. Don't talk about her like that okay? She's just my friend and nothing more. And besides, what I do or whom I meet has nothing to do with you. You said it yourself, didn't you?" Takemichi snarled at her making her scoff.